Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get jealous

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

or hateful, or motivated when you see someone in a better financial status then you?

I've always been motived by people who have it together.  I never understood why people get jealous or hate, because we all have the same opportunities out there for us.  Some people just don't take advantage of the opportunities.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:01 AM

not everyone gets the same opportunities. lmao.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm happy where we are now but we are older and should be where we are IMO. I have people in my life that are jealous of me (my SIL for one), it use to bother me but now I ignore it.

Same here, that is where this post stems from.  People are jealous of us, but we still make mistakes and we still struggle, but our level of struggle isn't what theirs is, so they get jealous and mad. I'm trying to ignore it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:01 AM
a little of both. i only get "jealous" if i see some bum mooch get everything handed to them and everyone treats them like a winner whilee we bust our ass for peanuts and come off as bums
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I certainly don't think all people with money think that way. I live in a rich area, and unfortunately i run into more snobs than i do down to earth folks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

None of the above.

I usually feel sorry for them, that they think their money makes them so much better than the rest of us.

I've met very few people who are well off that think that.  This Christmas I had 2 surgeons sitting at my table that I have been friends with since college. I also invited 2 of my husbands coworkers, who are homeless and live in a shelter.  Everyone got along very well, and was able to find common likes as topics of conversation.  My friends who are well off, never once acted as if they were better.  I think the difference is, is if you worked your ass off to get where your at, you never forget where you came from.  

CjEmmemommy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I am happy where we are. There is always going to be someone..... With more, better, happier whatever at least it will look that way!

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I don't get jealous or hateful. I know we are in a very good financial status, and if I want more...it's up to me to make it happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

not everyone gets the same opportunities. lmao.

The opportunities that are available may vary in degrees, it may be harder for one person then the other but they are out there.

10 years ago I read a book by a woman who's mother killed herself when she was a child and she ended up in the system.  She was raped, a drug addict and forced into gang activity.   Her name is Cupcake Brown, she is now a very high powered attorney in New York that has a PhD.  That book inspired me and showed me, its all in what you want in life, not what is available to you easily.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I guess envy is the same as jealousy, so, yes. Not in a negative way. 

JadsW
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:06 AM
No. Money's never really been that big of a deal to me, either way. Those who have it can just as easily lose it & those who don't can just as easily get it one day. It makes some things easier & some things harder. I'm more concerned with someone's character than I am with how much cash they have in the bank. A positive, upbeat person who is compassionate is what motivates me to aim higher. Not some green paper that buys shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm happy where we are now but we are older and should be where we are IMO. I have people in my life that are jealous of me (my SIL for one), it use to bother me but now I ignore it.

Same here, that is where this post stems from.  People are jealous of us, but we still make mistakes and we still struggle, but our level of struggle isn't what theirs is, so they get jealous and mad. I'm trying to ignore it.

That's the only thing you can do, ignore it, have you had a lot of people ask for help financially?We have and I am so tired of it, we have helped so many people and only 1 couple has ever paid us back, we made the decision no more, they just took advantage of our kindness,  so we put a stop to it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured