Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you get jealous

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

or hateful, or motivated when you see someone in a better financial status then you?

I've always been motived by people who have it together.  I never understood why people get jealous or hate, because we all have the same opportunities out there for us.  Some people just don't take advantage of the opportunities.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Replies (211-215):
HisMommy4Ever
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM
No. High school? I graduated in 2008 and im not in college. Me and SO have just struggled alot since i was 4months pregnant.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Struggling for 4 years? Are you in school? It only takes 4 years.

Quoting HisMommy4Ever:

Hmmm kinda not really jealous...well yeah okay jealous cuz i just wish i had that NOW. It sucks when you are struggling financially that you dont even have a car. You cant even buy the essentials like toilet paper and stuff cuz ur on a budget. I dont get mad its more like damn theyre lucky they have their own place and stuff like that. Specially when youve been struggling for 4 years.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HisMommy4Ever
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Thanks anon. Well the thing is Im not on my own and my SO is a horrible money saver. I can only do so much since I dont work. He has alot of bills and his check gets garnished. But right now we are talking about getting a car next month or so cuz we really need it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting HisMommy4Ever:

Hmmm kinda not really jealous...well yeah okay jealous cuz i just wish i had that NOW. It sucks when you are struggling financially that you dont even have a car. You cant even buy the essentials like toilet paper and stuff cuz ur on a budget. I dont get mad its more like damn theyre lucky they have their own place and stuff like that. Specially when youve been struggling for 4 years.

When I bought my first new car my brother who had been struggling nd making tons of wrong decisions in hi life he said to me " how did you get this, and don't say you worked for it" I was like yes I did, luck has nothing to do with it!

But I say to you, if your struggling, it will pay off one day. Keep your head up and power thru. Make a goal for yourself, write it down, look at your budget and your goals every day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marysmithy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I agree.  I feel happy for people that are successful.

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

No, I'm more apt to get jealous over those who have close, healthy relationships.  Money doesn't mean that much. Besides, I've had a good paying career. i gave that up, and I find happiness in being a SAHM.

illinoismommy83
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Go back to school then. Look at your local community college and see what associates you can get online (for free, using pell grants), then look at your community colleges 2+2 agreements with state universities and see where you can finish your degree online. 

You can get a business degree online in 3-4 years and that should be enough to help you get a promotion at work or get a desk job with higher pay so you can stop stuggling.

Quoting HisMommy4Ever:

No. High school? I graduated in 2008 and im not in college. Me and SO have just struggled alot since i was 4months pregnant.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Struggling for 4 years? Are you in school? It only takes 4 years.

Quoting HisMommy4Ever:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)