Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you get jealous

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

or hateful, or motivated when you see someone in a better financial status then you?

I've always been motived by people who have it together.  I never understood why people get jealous or hate, because we all have the same opportunities out there for us.  Some people just don't take advantage of the opportunities.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm happy where we are now but we are older and should be where we are IMO. I have people in my life that are jealous of me (my SIL for one), it use to bother me but now I ignore it.

Same here, that is where this post stems from.  People are jealous of us, but we still make mistakes and we still struggle, but our level of struggle isn't what theirs is, so they get jealous and mad. I'm trying to ignore it.

That's the only thing you can do, ignore it, have you had a lot of people ask for help financially?We have and I am so tired of it, we have helped so many people and only 1 couple has ever paid us back, we made the decision no more, they just took advantage of our kindness,  so we put a stop to it. 

YEP!  Right now my brother is driving a car that is in my name and my insurance because he has screwed his credit up so bad that even a cosigner wouldn't help.  I had an ex coworker just text me last week askign for a loan.  We actually have closed our facebook accounts down and are getting ready to change our phone numbers so that we aren't accessable to people anymore.  Its frustrating.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM
lately yes
Kitschy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM
No, I don't compare myself to others
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Nope. I am happy with my little life. I have what I need and sometimes I get what I want. We work hard for what we want and need over here. I am very happy I grew up in a family that didnt have everything handed to them. I know the value of a dollar and I know that working hard and smart gets you far.

Most of the time when I see someone driving an expensive car or I just know they have lots of money, I think good for them. That is their life. I am just fine with mine

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quoting brandie1470:

Nope. I am happy with my little life. I have what I need and sometimes I get what I want. We work hard for what we want and need over here. I am very happy I grew up in a family that didnt have everything handed to them. I know the value of a dollar and I know that working hard and smart gets you far.

Most of the time when I see someone driving an expensive car or I just know they have lots of money, I think good for them. That is their life. I am just fine with mine

Awesome attitude and you sound very happy.  Congrats.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:29 AM

No. My dh makes 20$ an hour.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm glad you don't get jealous, but I giggled, because where I live, $20 an hour is struggling.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Here if you make 10$ an hour it is good.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm glad you don't get jealous, but I giggled, because where I live, $20 an hour is struggling.  

MaryLu86
by Emmy on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Quoting winkyloafer:

No. Even people who are in a more stable financial situation can still have issues and I don't envy them at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM

sorry, you lost all credibility when you said "we all have the same opportunities out there for us".  if that was the case, there would be a lot more people in the upper middle - upper class.  it all starts with the way you are raised and with education, and if you're starting at the end of the pack there it's very difficult to catch up.  so no, a child with a learning disability that never learns through their crappy school system and even crappier parents how to work with that will never have the same opportunities, unless you're talking about the opportunity to work at Jiffy Lube.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)