Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you get jealous

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

or hateful, or motivated when you see someone in a better financial status then you?

I've always been motived by people who have it together.  I never understood why people get jealous or hate, because we all have the same opportunities out there for us.  Some people just don't take advantage of the opportunities.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Replies (41-50):
Pink.Frosting
I know I sound like a scrooge, but I'm so ready for Christmas to be over this year. Our poor tree is haggard looking from being attacked by cats. I just want it *down* and to have my living room back to *normal.* Bah Humbug...
Yesterday at 12:35 PM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM

None of the above.  I don't care what others do or have.  I have enough to think about with my own life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Here if you make 10$ an hour it is good.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

No. My dh makes 20$ an hour.

I'm glad you don't get jealous, but I giggled, because where I live, $20 an hour is struggling.  

That is great.  We are actually thinking of moving to another state, we have been researching the cost of living is less and the pay is less, but much more of a relaxing way to live.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I don't remember feeling "jealous", but it certainly made us work harder. It's not all the extras we have that make us happy, it's the security of knowing that everything is taken care of, even if unplanned events occur.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

sorry, you lost all credibility when you said "we all have the same opportunities out there for us".  if that was the case, there would be a lot more people in the upper middle - upper class.  it all starts with the way you are raised and with education, and if you're starting at the end of the pack there it's very difficult to catch up.  so no, a child with a learning disability that never learns through their crappy school system and even crappier parents how to work with that will never have the same opportunities, unless you're talking about the opportunity to work at Jiffy Lube.

My DD has severe learning disabilities, she struggled all through school.  We did the special education route, IEP's and Team meetings.  She is 23, graduated college and has a good job.  I guess the difference is I wasn't a crappy parent.  

However...I did have crappy parents, I was in 13 foster homes growing up, molested and abused.  I was determined to rise above and make something of myself.  And I've seen a lot of children that went to school with my daughter that rose above on their own out of determination.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

We live in a small town and we are very happy. Good luck. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Here if you make 10$ an hour it is good.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

No. My dh makes 20$ an hour.

I'm glad you don't get jealous, but I giggled, because where I live, $20 an hour is struggling.  

That is great.  We are actually thinking of moving to another state, we have been researching the cost of living is less and the pay is less, but much more of a relaxing way to live.  

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I disagree about "the same opportunites."  Someone born in the inner city to a poor family will not have the same opportunities as someone born to a well to do family with a trust fund.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Nope. I get jealous of really smart people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quoting macbudsmom:

I disagree about "the same opportunites."  Someone born in the inner city to a poor family will not have the same opportunities as someone born to a well to do family with a trust fund.

Yes they will, as I said, it will just be in different ways.  They just need to be inspired.  Reseach Cupcake Brown, google her.  Her story is amazing and inspirational.  The majority of football players are from the inner city, they created their opportunities.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:49 AM
No I don't. I have control of my financial situation. I work hard I make good money. If I were to be jealous that means I need to do more.
xXxLillithxXx
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:49 AM
People don't all have the same opportunities. That is ridiculous. I only dislike rich people who make dumb statements about how much harder they work than other people. Most people die working...an entire life of hard work just trying to make it...then a rich person who was blessed enough to make a comfortable life for themselves makes comments like "I worked hard to get what I have" or "everyone has the same opportunities" my immediate reaction is go fuck yourself you pompous ass" by the way my definition of rich is someone who can afford to live comfortably and never HAS to go without things they need. You don't have to have bank accounts on the Cayman Islands to be rich.

Quoting Anonymous:

or hateful, or motivated when you see someone in a better financial status then you?

I've always been motived by people who have it together.  I never understood why people get jealous or hate, because we all have the same opportunities out there for us.  Some people just don't take advantage of the opportunities.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN