Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wtf is going on?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Ds has been throwing up since WEDNESDAY. He had a 100.6 fever that went away over night.
Thursday he puked after dinner.
Yesterday he didnt puke at all
Today he got screaming/coughing and puked all over.

No fever. Wet nasty cough that he gets every winter. As soon as it gets warm outside hes FINE.

At 3 days old he had a raging eye infection that we never got a diagnosis on. He had RSV last winter, 2 boughts of phneumonia and several of broncitus. 6 ear infectons since he was born and got tubes 12/21/12.

Why does this keep happening???? And of course its saturday and the dr is closed...

Eta: he hasny really been eating. He had a helping of spagetti yesterday, a lunchable yestersay, and 1/4 of a corn toastie today.... thats it since wednesday
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakat070812
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Hospital...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Our daughter was coughing really bad to the point of throwing up and has tubes, we found out she had a bad ear infection and she never once.complained or messed with her ear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy_M
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Does the couching get worse at night?  It could be cold induced asthma.  Is he vomitting on his own or is the vomitting caused by the coughing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM
For the puking? Hes drinking and it isnt a 24/7 thing. Its maybe twice a day....? I just dont want to waste there time.

Quoting mamakat070812:

Hospital...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM
First time was its own.
The other times he got really cranky then puked about 5 minutes later.

Quoting Amy_M:

Does the couching get worse at night?  It could be cold induced asthma.  Is he vomitting on his own or is the vomitting caused by the coughing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Hes a puller and they get red. He hasnt touched them and they are pink.

Quoting lapcounter:

Our daughter was coughing really bad to the point of throwing up and has tubes, we found out she had a bad ear infection and she never once.complained or messed with her ear.

surfgrl60
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Umm. TAKE HIM IN!

Amy_M
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Doesn't sound er worthy to me, as long as he isn't dehydrated or lethargic.  With that low grade of a fever I rprobably wouldn't even give meds.  I would make an appointment with your doc next week though.  Could be a number of things.  Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

First time was its own.
The other times he got really cranky then puked about 5 minutes later.

Quoting Amy_M:

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:13 AM
She usually is to that is why I was surprised I thought she had upper respiratory stuff. I would get him checked.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hes a puller and they get red. He hasnt touched them and they are pink.

Quoting lapcounter:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakat070812
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:13 AM
For whatever is going on. You dont know whats going on and i am a "better safe than sorry" type gal.

Quoting Anonymous:

For the puking? Hes drinking and it isnt a 24/7 thing. Its maybe twice a day....? I just dont want to waste there time.

Quoting mamakat070812:

Hospital...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)