Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wtf is going on?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ds has been throwing up since WEDNESDAY. He had a 100.6 fever that went away over night.
Thursday he puked after dinner.
Yesterday he didnt puke at all
Today he got screaming/coughing and puked all over.

No fever. Wet nasty cough that he gets every winter. As soon as it gets warm outside hes FINE.

At 3 days old he had a raging eye infection that we never got a diagnosis on. He had RSV last winter, 2 boughts of phneumonia and several of broncitus. 6 ear infectons since he was born and got tubes 12/21/12.

Why does this keep happening???? And of course its saturday and the dr is closed...

Eta: he hasny really been eating. He had a helping of spagetti yesterday, a lunchable yestersay, and 1/4 of a corn toastie today.... thats it since wednesday
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
momof6nokc
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:15 AM

This is not ER worthy.

I would try giving him foods that are a little easier on his stomach---applesauce, toast, oatmeal, etc.

Run a humidifier in his room and maybe in the living room as well if he's spending a lot of time in there.

You might also think about putting him on a good quality multi-vitamin.  Believe it or not my pediatrician recommends Flintstones with Iron :o)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM
He already takes them plus an extra vid d to help w the mood swing. I dont care what anyone says, that crap works! Lol

Quoting momof6nokc:

This is not ER worthy.

I would try giving him foods that are a little easier on his stomach---applesauce, toast, oatmeal, etc.

Run a humidifier in his room and maybe in the living room as well if he's spending a lot of time in there.

You might also think about putting him on a good quality multi-vitamin.  Believe it or not my pediatrician recommends Flintstones with Iron :o)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM
No hes not lethargic etc. He has been napping longer the. Usual but I feel like crap when im sick too.

Hes still peeing.

I just dont get the puking

Quoting Amy_M:

Doesn't sound er worthy to me, as long as he isn't dehydrated or lethargic.  With that low grade of a fever I rprobably wouldn't even give meds.  I would make an appointment with your doc next week though.  Could be a number of things.  Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

First time was its own.

The other times he got really cranky then puked about 5 minutes later.

Quoting Amy_M:

Does the couching get worse at night?  It could be cold induced asthma.  Is he vomitting on his own or is the vomitting caused by the coughing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM
His upper resp is insane. Hes always had issues. He is stuffed up and junky.

Quoting lapcounter:

She usually is to that is why I was surprised I thought she had upper respiratory stuff. I would get him checked.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hes a puller and they get red. He hasnt touched them and they are pink.

Quoting lapcounter:

Our daughter was coughing really bad to the point of throwing up and has tubes, we found out she had a bad ear infection and she never once.complained or messed with her ear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Adenoid and Tonsils need reomoving in one operation

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM
His ent wont do it till hes 3. He looked last week and said they would be ok till next sept. :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

Adenoid and Tonsils need reomoving in one operation

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM

hmm.

could he be puking cause mucus is draining into his stomach which makes him nauseous? or from coughing?

and people get sick cause everyone is indoors and sharing germs and not getting fresh air. plus maybe dust and crap in the heating vents?

not sure if its er worthy. keep him hydrated and rested. and feed him liquids like soup or crackers. maybe some pedialite. dont gulp just sips. if his stomach gets queezy, drinking too fast might make him sick again.

jakesmom323
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Ahhhh:( I hope poor kiddo feels better. Mine always get sick on weekends. I would take him to an Urgent Care but it sounds like a virus. All you can really do it keep him hydrated being the most important thing. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Could be. He has no gag reflex and has texture issues. If its gainy he wont eat it. If it has an odd texture he pukes. Its insane.

we have a kero heater and its clean. No vents.

Were all sick w a head cold that he has but hes the inly puker.

Quoting ccnstanczak:

hmm.

could he be puking cause mucus is draining into his stomach which makes him nauseous? or from coughing?

and people get sick cause everyone is indoors and sharing germs and not getting fresh air. plus maybe dust and crap in the heating vents?

not sure if its er worthy. keep him hydrated and rested. and feed him liquids like soup or crackers. maybe some pedialite. dont gulp just sips. if his stomach gets queezy, drinking too fast might make him sick again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Ya urgent care is a joke here.

Quoting jakesmom323:

Ahhhh:( I hope poor kiddo feels better. Mine always get sick on weekends. I would take him to an Urgent Care but it sounds like a virus. All you can really do it keep him hydrated being the most important thing. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured