Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wtf is going on?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ds has been throwing up since WEDNESDAY. He had a 100.6 fever that went away over night.
Thursday he puked after dinner.
Yesterday he didnt puke at all
Today he got screaming/coughing and puked all over.

No fever. Wet nasty cough that he gets every winter. As soon as it gets warm outside hes FINE.

At 3 days old he had a raging eye infection that we never got a diagnosis on. He had RSV last winter, 2 boughts of phneumonia and several of broncitus. 6 ear infectons since he was born and got tubes 12/21/12.

Why does this keep happening???? And of course its saturday and the dr is closed...

Eta: he hasny really been eating. He had a helping of spagetti yesterday, a lunchable yestersay, and 1/4 of a corn toastie today.... thats it since wednesday
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Sounds like a lot of illnesses in his short life. Has his blood been checked?

The flus going around...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM
This why we are stumped.

And checked for what exactly?

Quoting twinmommy27:

The flus going around...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Urgent care....
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Immune disorders?? Idk exactly what to check for (not a dr.) but I'd ask the pedi to have blood work done just incase.

Quoting Anonymous:

This why we are stumped.

Quoting twinmommy27:

The flus going around...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM
If he is throwing up that much and not eatting well, ontop of fever and a chronic cough, I'd take him to the ER. My niece had a fever and cough a couple days ago (shes 3) and SIL took her in. Found out she has the flu. There are alot of things going around right now and its better to be safe then sorry. I almost lost my son because his pedi told me he had mono last year. Said their was nothing we could do for it. I watched my baby suffer because I believed her instead of getting a second opinion. He ended up in childrens hospital for 3 weeks. Its been months and, even tho he is getting better, there is still no diagnosis. He never had mono either (they re-checked). All I'm saying is its better to make sure when its a child that cant tell you what is wrong. I hope he feels better quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theCMtroll69
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM

take him to urgent care

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM
They have never checked him for stuff like that.

Quoting twinmommy27:

Immune disorders?? Idk exactly what to check for (not a dr.) but I'd ask the pedi to have blood work done just incase.

Quoting Anonymous:

This why we are stumped.

Quoting twinmommy27:

The flus going around...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Last winter he got this sick and we took him to the er. He had RSV. The hsopital sent us home w a apt for the next day w h. Dr.

We went and I said he wasnt nursing or peeing. He said "thats fine. He will when hes ready".... I took him to tbe bigger hospital and he was kept for 3 days.

I just wish we knew what was happening

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

If he is throwing up that much and not eatting well, ontop of fever and a chronic cough, I'd take him to the ER. My niece had a fever and cough a couple days ago (shes 3) and SIL took her in. Found out she has the flu. There are alot of things going around right now and its better to be safe then sorry. I almost lost my son because his pedi told me he had mono last year. Said their was nothing we could do for it. I watched my baby suffer because I believed her instead of getting a second opinion. He ended up in childrens hospital for 3 weeks. Its been months and, even tho he is getting better, there is still no diagnosis. He never had mono either (they re-checked). All I'm saying is its better to make sure when its a child that cant tell you what is wrong. I hope he feels better quickly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM
How about taking your child to the doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM
How about u read the replies....

Quoting Anonymous:

How about taking your child to the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)