Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Condom Dispensers in High Schools

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

I saw a article in another group, but for some reason I can't paste anything :(

22 High Schools in Philadelphia are putting Condom Dispensers in their schools. I am completely against the idea. What are your thoughts on this. Would you be ok with it? Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Neither for nor against. 

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Yes. I don't want my kids to be teen parents.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM

It's a great idea. 

LucyHourglass
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

i''m glad they are. when i was a teen i never used them, and i had a lot of sex unfortunately because i was young, hormonal, and stupid. i did end up going to planned parenthood and got on the pill, but part of the reason i didnt use condoms was because i was afraid to go buy some. a dispenser is a lot less personal, and a lot less embarrassing and intimidating. i believe in free access to birth control especially condoms. in a perfect world teenagers wouldnt have sex, but its not realistic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM

As parents, no matter how much we talk to our chldren about safe sex/abstinence, they will still do what want to do or feel they should be doing (peer pressure).. Kids are having sex in school, the least the school could do is make sure they're safe and no more little girls are getting pregnant..  

Question is.... Do any of these kids know how to properly use these condoms?  If not then it defeats the whole purpose....

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not against it, but I am sure the custodians and s who will have to clean up the pranks are.
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:00 AM
I live in Philly. Totally agree with this. This city has way way too many teen moms and a majority of them have the grandmothers raising their kids (always going out and partying, coming in and kissing the kid and walking right back out, having house parties while gmom is at work trying to support the baby and exposing the baby to shit it shouldnt be exposed to).. its disgusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:00 AM
I heard they will be in the nurses office, I doubt many will go in there out of embarrassment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I have to disagree. I know first hand that not every kid will go out and have sex because they want to. It's all about teaching your children morals, self respect, and that waiting to find that special person who you are going to be with forever. All kids don't have sex, and parents lax attitude towards it nowadays is sad. 

Quoting Anonymous:

As parents, no matter how much we talk to our chldren about safe sex/abstinence, they will still do what want to do or feel they should be doing (peer pressure).. Kids are having sex in school, the least the school could do is make sure they're safe and no more little girls are getting pregnant..  

Question is.... Do any of these kids know how to properly use these condoms?  If not then it defeats the whole purpose....

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Sure why not. But it would be better if we educated out teens all about how to have safe sex why to wait to have sex and all the other family life stuff that they have stop teachig at school. If we give our kids the knowledge they will be better off
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN