Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

oh that meatloaf was bad.......

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM
  • 26 Replies
I have been up all night in the bathroom. I looked up my symptoms and I think gave myself food poisoning. Smh ugh I hate this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Food poisoning sucks. We were driving from OH back to Ky one year and stopped at a flea market on the way. They were selling beef jerky. It was all vacuum sealed I figured it was OK. I was SOOO wrong! We've never bought beef jerky from a flea market again. Somehow that guy is still in business.

I hope you feel better soon.

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM

We had bad meatloaf last night, too.  I won't be buying WalMart ground beef anymore.  This is the second time we've had meat that tasted ...off.

I'm sorry you're so sick.  :(

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM

was the meat bad or something?

IntactivistMama
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I am concerned it could be a serious illness if it was contracted from ground beef! I wonder if it could be E. COLI?
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Ouch. This one was my fault. I made meatloaf last Friday other Saturday and I are the rest of the leftovers yesterday. dh just looked at me and snickered and said, you shouldn't have eaten it lol. I am stick here alone with my three kids while dh is at work. I think I will be counting turn hours until he gets home lol

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Food poisoning sucks. We were driving from OH back to Ky one year and stopped at a flea market on the way. They were selling beef jerky. It was all vacuum sealed I figured it was OK. I was SOOO wrong! We've never bought beef jerky from a flea market again. Somehow that guy is still in business.

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Leftovers were too old.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

was the meat bad or something?

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:16 AM
If the leftovers were about a week old, could that cause e. Coli still?

Quoting IntactivistMama:

I am concerned it could be a serious illness if it was contracted from ground beef! I wonder if it could be E. COLI?
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM

See if I get sick my DD is 11 yrs old so she can take care of my 19mo old. lol 

We had meatloaf last night too. Thankfully it was good. :)

Quoting goodnightmama:

Ouch. This one was my fault. I made meatloaf last Friday other Saturday and I are the rest of the leftovers yesterday. dh just looked at me and snickered and said, you shouldn't have eaten it lol. I am stick here alone with my three kids while dh is at work. I think I will be counting turn hours until he gets home lol

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Mine are 7, 5, and 4 so they can help with some/most things. Lol

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

See if I get sick my DD is 11 yrs old so she can take care of my 19mo old. lol 

We had meatloaf last night too. Thankfully it was good. :)

Quoting goodnightmama:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Tea4Tas
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Left overs that were not properly cooled to below the temperture danger zone and then not properly reheated to above 165 for a minimum of 2 minutes could very well have made you ill.

Food should be cooled below 70 degrees within 2 hours and then below 40 within 6 hours-and if left out for more than 2 hours it needs to be tossed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN