Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'll be DAMNED before she lives with you!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
So thos morning my friend text me and told me my ex's girlfriend was talking about how it'd be okay if 'my DD' decided to live with them.

OVER MY FUCKING DEAD BODY!

DD is only 20mo right now so that will be a while before she decides anyway. I know I actually can't do anything about it if she does, I know. I just know I will never see her if that happens because her dad ignores calls, texts and emails. He doesn't speak to me and hasn't in months. *shrugs* They will have more income than me, I am still in school, and probably manipulate her by buying new things. Grrrr.

Have any of you had a child decide they wanted to live with their dad? Did you get to see them? How did you cope?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LuvUSoMuch
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I think you are worrying about something that probably won't ever be an issue and if it is, won't even happen for many years. You have custody, right? Really there is no telling what your lives will be like before any of that happens.  Try not to worry and enjoy your daughter and  build your futures.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Thanks:) It is joint custody and he is in and out of her life which it probably wont happen. The comment she made just made me sad and angry I guess.

Quoting LuvUSoMuch:

I think you are worrying about something that probably won't ever be an issue and if it is, won't even happen for many years. You have custody, right? Really there is no telling what your lives will be like before any of that happens.  Try not to worry and enjoy your daughter and  build your futures.  :)

Heather.Rose
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Here in Nebraska a child can't make that decision until they are 13 years old. You have plenty of time.

LuvUSoMuch
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Oh, I know, and it is hard not to worry when it comes to your child.  My daughter is grown now and has a 2 year old. She is going thru custody issues as well. Life has taught me that worrying is usually for nothing except upsetting ourselves. Sooooo many things will change for you over time. Try to focus on being the best mommy you can be and everything else will work out.  Honestly, it is very unlikely that your daughter will ever want to leave you. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks:) It is joint custody and he is in and out of her life which it probably wont happen. The comment she made just made me sad and angry I guess.

Quoting LuvUSoMuch:

Tara922c
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Unless you are on drugs or can't put a roof over yor dd's head, I wouldn't worry about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Ick, I know it's a terrible and sad situation. My prayers are with her. Thank you though for being reassuring :)

Quoting LuvUSoMuch:

Oh, I know, and it is hard not to worry when it comes to your child.  My daughter is grown now and has a 2 year old. She is going thru custody issues as well. Life has taught me that worrying is usually for nothing except upsetting ourselves. Sooooo many things will change for you over time. Try to focus on being the best mommy you can be and everything else will work out.  Honestly, it is very unlikely that your daughter will ever want to leave you. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LuvUSoMuch:

Young_Mommy89
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Courts usually wait until they are 11...which still isn't old enough sometimes.judge asked my brother at 11 who he wanted to go with & he said our mom...he didn't realize that he was choosing between who to live with.

My ex will never get dd...ever. if he keeps up doing the way he has recently I will let her go with him unsupervised
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN