Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

well viewed my pay stub for my next check! be ready people!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 215 Replies
I get paid next Friday but dd it so I see it the 3rd. My stub is online so I went to view it and the amount was 45 lower. They already raised FICA and social security. I make 2200 a month and get paid every two weeks.

So not sure how this will help anyone if they get a deal now. If my.employer already adjusted for the increase many others have as well.

So for those wondering, its about 90 more dollars a month poofed from your check if you earn 2200. If they fix the cliff I'm sure they'll refund next check, right??

:(
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM

If it's only $100 is bucks a month they can have it. I am a tad concerned though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM
For me it will be less than 100. But I am a single mom and don't get welfare. I am gonna feel it a little at first..and if milk and gas soar the way they say they will if we go over the cliff. I'm screwed

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

If it's only $100 is bucks a month they can have it. I am a tad concerned though.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kellyjude1
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:34 AM
3 moms liked this
My brother already called and warned me. I simply cannot believe it ! How much more can they possibly take? Be ready for more food prices to go up in 2013 (like they are not high enough already). Basically everything is going up, except our pay checks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Well social security is just reverting back to old levels but what you pay federally is going up because of health care reform.

Quoting Kellyjude1:

My brother already called and warned me. I simply cannot believe it ! How much more can they possibly take? Be ready for more food prices to go up in 2013 (like they are not high enough already). Basically everything is going up, except our pay checks.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM

no, they're not going to refund it.  you'll see an increase in your income tax refund check but they're not going to figure it all out retroactively and put it back in your paycheck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I'm not too concerned about that. $100 a month won't hurt us. Is it irritating? Fuck yea. But it won't really make a difference in regards to my bills and household necessities and wants.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I also don't see how if every working American sees less money coming in how this wouldn't affect the economy. I mean, seems to me it would and our economy is so fragile right now too.
CoachyMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this
They shouldn't be doing anything yet. Nothing has been set in stone. You won't see changes made until a couple months into the new year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I don't live in the states.. but I was shocked at the taxes for dhs check...

He gets paid every 2 weeks and last check was $870. They took $100 in taxes. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I would assume if.you make more than 2200 it would be more than 100.

100 wont hurt me..but it will make me rearrange and I will be putting less into the economy. That is for sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not too concerned about that. $100 a month won't hurt us. Is it irritating? Fuck yea. But it won't really make a difference in regards to my bills and household necessities and wants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)