Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Here's what's going on with me.

I have been in a LOT of pain the last couple of days. I have been googling my symptoms like crazy looking for help with the pain and uncomfortableness I've been in (I know that's not always the best idea). Now that I stop an look back at things though, I have been feeling similar symtoms for quite a long time (thank you Pink Pad, lol)., I realized that ALL of my symptoms point to the same diagnosis (no, I am NOT a doctor).
So, yesterday I went to my Obgyn (yes, my problems are down there, lol). She did an exam and told me to take Motrin and to come back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound. I sort of feel like the ultrasound scheduling was to make me stop asking her what I should do about my pain and the other uncomfortable feelings I'm having.
I left the appointment in shock that I was given no advice really on how to deal with this. I am not making up the symptoms I have and if I could share pictures with you all to prove it I would but they are xrated.
Anyway, my question is, has anyone else had a similar negative experience with a doctor. I felt like she didn't give any credit to what I was saying, She didn't even have my chart in the room with her. She sent a nurse to go get it but when she couldn't find it the doc told her to just not worry about it. That means that she didn't even look at where I wrote down all the symptoms I have been experiencing.

It's just so aggravating. Now, I'm just sitting at home getting aggravated with my children because I am in pain. I don't know what to so next. Should I go to a new gyno for a second opinion next week or just go to the ER. I just don't know how long I can stay in agony like this.

I was hoping to avoid going into details about my symptoms but I think this is all too confusing if I don't.

I am pretty certain I have some form of pelvic organ prolapse. By the end of the day each day for the past 3 days, my cervix is sticking out of my vagina by about 1/2 of an inch.
When I went to my obgyn, it was early morning so my symptoms were at their best. I feel so lost and alone with what's going on with my body. I don't know what to do!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexvitte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Go to another doctor, and good luck :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Thank you! I really want to! I'm just scared of having another similar experience. It's tough to basically be told to just deal with it when I know something is wrong.

Quoting alexvitte:

alexvitte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Yea it sucks when they tell you everything is normal but you know something is wrong. That happened a lot with my son but I will be taking him to a different doctor for his next appointment

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you! I really want to! I'm just scared of having another similar experience. It's tough to basically be told to just deal with it when I know something is wrong.

Quoting alexvitte:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Bump!
armywife-aly
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Find another Dr. 

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Another doctor. You have every right to go and get a second or third opinion. You know your body best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I had a similar experience before. I was told my issues were caused by me being a mom. *eyeroll* So I searched out a different doctor who would listen to me. And given the severity of your issue, you need to see another doctor ASAP. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Thanks!

Quoting armywife-aly:

Find another Dr. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM
That is very true, I do! Thanks for the advice!

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Another doctor. You have every right to go and get a second or third opinion. You know your body best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Thank you! I appreciate the comments!

Quoting purpleducky:

I had a similar experience before. I was told my issues were caused by me being a mom. *eyeroll* So I searched out a different doctor who would listen to me. And given the severity of your issue, you need to see another doctor ASAP. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)