Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're Yelling At Me For Not Supervising Your Kid? *PIC pg7* *ADDED*

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 169 Replies
1 mom liked this

So it's overcast and sprinkling on and off and the kids want to get out so we go to the mall. Everything is indoor. So we grab Starbucks and head to the playground area. A big circle of seats with one opening and the playground in the middle. So the kids are running around. I'm sitting and watching and chasing them around and a few kids are playing on and off with my kids and a mom says something about her kid to me as he's playing with my kids and then she goes and sits at a table on the outside of the circle and gets involved in her phone.

So about 30-45 mins later she asks if I've seen her kid. I say "No. I don't think so."

And then ..... This woman starts yelling at me about why I wasn't watching her kid. WHAT??? I told her "Because he's not my kid and I'm not his baby sitter!" She says " Well you were already watching and playing with yours!!!"

WTF?

A mall cop walks up and asks what the problem is and she tells him that I let her 5yo walk out.

I tell the guy I've never met her or her kid before in my life and she's crazy and I'm busy WATCHING my kids.

She keeps yelling and I walk away.

10 mins later another security guard walks up carrying the little boy and said he found him all the way down next to Starbucks and VS. Its a pretty long way from the play area!

She walks up to me holding her kid and says "You're Lucky!"

I took a deep breath and turned around.

Sry it's so long. I was ready to scream. Vent over.

***The woman had said something about her kid liking to play with lots of kids or liked playing with lots of kids there. I'm not sure which is why I didn't specify earlier. She never ASKED me anything.

****No, I didn't give her a piece of my mind because my children were there. My oldest DS(6) has Behavior Therapy and I was told to show and explain to him when I'm mad or upset and how I handle it. I did explain to my son that I was very upset that the lady yelled at me for no reason but that I took a deep breath and walked away from her and that is what I would like for him to do when he gets upset. Trust me had children not been around she would have heard my mouth.

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:29 PM
14 moms liked this
Oh hell no. I would've said a few choice words to the psycho.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM

What the fuck?  She is crazy!!! 

Jenniy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Crazy bitch, why would she expect a stranger to watch her kid at a MALL!!!
Misheldonann
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM
What? That's ridiculous.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM

wow assume much lady? I would have been sooo pissed. like it's your friggen kid, not mine kwim?

armywife-aly
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I would have flipped on her. 

eoewan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

People can be nuts! I think you were calmer than I would have been.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

It always surprises me how some people get irate at others for their shortcomings.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:33 PM

SMDH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)