Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Kids should not be aloud at dogs parks?"- The ramblings of an idiot on Yahoo

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM
  • 109 Replies

"Well excuse me who are you to tell me where i can bring my kids and wear i cant. I will bring my kids to the dog park to see other dogs if i want to. The dog park is public property and so are the dogs so my kids have rights to see those dogs and pet them if they please!!! And if one of those dogs bite my kids i can sue if i want cause no dog should be at the dog park in the first place if it cant handle a kid and bites one. The ignorance of people disgust and baffles me."

Anyone agree with that troll? Do you think that the dog park is a place for your kid to play?

Answer the question and read the entire post here

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I love the fact that they used 'where' and two seconds later 'wear' for the same meaning.

I seriously hope it's a sacastic post, lol.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM

it was made by a troll. I posted the link to it. You can read the entire thread. I just wondered if that was an actual legitimate thought by some moms here.

Quoting -42-:

I love the fact that they used 'where' and two seconds later 'wear' for the same meaning.

I seriously hope it's a sacastic post, lol.

jmetz4
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree that kids should be allowed to go with their parent(s). But the parents need to be responsible. Does that make sense?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:21 PM
4 moms liked this
Dogs are NOT public property.
daiseymae2
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Kids do not belong at dog parks. It's for DOGS, not children. 

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:24 PM
The dog park we use does not allow children 12 and under.
paknari
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think that any child should go up to a dog they don't know. Dog park or not. Kids can go to a dog park of course but when I go to the dog park I watch not my dog and my kid and make sure they are all safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

No it doesn't. Its a DOG park, not a petting zoo.  Some people don't want kids playing with their dogs and some dogs will bite if your kid keeps chasing them and annoying them. I get it if you brought your dog in along with your kid but if you are just bringing your kid in to "play" with them then that is annoying. One of the reasons I don't go to dog parks. 

Quoting jmetz4:

I agree that kids should be allowed to go with their parent(s). But the parents need to be responsible. Does that make sense?

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Our dog park doesnt allow children. Its better that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:28 PM
We don't have dog Parks around here, but I'd think kids should be allowed as long as the parents are watching them. And, dogs aren't public property, they belong to their owner and the kids should have to ask said owner before attempting to pet the dogs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)