Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can a Christian please answer me???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies
3 moms liked this

Why do most Christians only choose to follow certain things in the bible instead of everything? If this has already been done i apologize.

Why are some people getting so upset? Im not asking to be rude im just really curious?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Bump
momof2.5girls
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Because it is really really hard!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:18 PM
7 moms liked this
because we are hypocrites the majority of the time
xtina8817
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't think we really CHOOSE to follow or not follow things. I mean we do to a point but not blatantly. Does that make sense?? No ones perfect, anyone, christian or not, that tells you otherwise is selling something. Christians will stumble and make mistakes/sin. Its just life.

Now...if they start getting hypocritical, that's different. I am a christian but I don't judge others the way I've seen a lot of Christians do. Things like..gay marriage and abortion. I dont agree with it but I'm not going to judge someone who does. I'll just choose to not do those things.

I don't know if this actually helped you at all lol
kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:21 PM
5 moms liked this
I dont actively and intentionally choose to do this, but I am human and I make mistakes. I do my best to be a good person and a good christian, but I accept I am far from perfect. When I do mess up I apologize and hope everyone affected will forgive me in time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Master_Debater
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:21 PM
8 moms liked this
I'm not Christian but I'll answer. The Old Testament is not to be followed anymore because of Jesus coming.

And we're all born with sin and will continue to sin, no matter what. There will always be something, nobody is perfect.

ETA: If you missed where I said I'm NOT a Christian but yet you quote me anyway asking for verses etc, don't be surprised when I don't answer because I never said I know the answers. This is just how *I* understand it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Because its ok for them to sin but not others.

singlemom1208
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:23 PM
I think a lot of religions do that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:23 PM
9 moms liked this

Well, most Christians don't follow the old testament laws because when Jesus came, he fullfilled those laws so we don't have to follow them anymore.

Some things people don't follow because none of us is perfect and we all fall short in some area. (for example, I am not loving and forgiving to my DH 100% of the time, though I wish I could be)

Some things people interpret different ways. There are some parts of the Bible that *seem* to contradict each other. People *should* read the Bible as a whole and interpret the verses in the light of the whole thing, but some times people read ONE verse and stick to it without considering it in context.

And some people might not believe in every part of the Bible, but they believe in enough of it that they are more "Christian" than Buddhist or anything else... so they call themselves Christian, even though they don't truly believe all of it.

And some people think that if you were born into a Christian household or go to church on occasion, that that makes you Christian--instead of living the lifestyle makes you Christian.

there are lots of reasons.

tmmom2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:24 PM

It is hard, and we are human. We make mistakes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)