Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can a Christian please answer me???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why do most Christians only choose to follow certain things in the bible instead of everything? If this has already been done i apologize.

Why are some people getting so upset? Im not asking to be rude im just really curious?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
brittany208
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Also--some people interpret the Bible differently. DH believes that the body and blood IS the actual body and blood. I believe it is just symbolic. We both read the same verses, we just read them different ways. This is very common.

WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM
hes catholic isnt he?
Im proud I know the term for his belief.

Quoting brittany208:

Also--some people interpret the Bible differently. DH believes that the body and blood IS the actual body and blood. I believe it is just symbolic. We both read the same verses, we just read them different ways. This is very common.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe some Christians feel that way but I don't think its right for anyone to sin, yet I know it is inevitable. We are taught to live our lives " Christ Like " with good intentions and a pure heart but we are not perfect like Christ therefore we are flawed.

Quoting wkukid:

Because its ok for them to sin but not others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilladies81
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I think maybe some don't agree on the meaning of certain scriptures. As a Christian I try to follow as best as I can, but I'm not perfect and I fail daily. I also think some feel very passionate about certain subjects and don't have the maturity to respond like Jesus would want them to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this

The OT is nothing more than a history after the coming of Christ. We are all sinners, and Jesus was given as our salvation. Before Christ, it was a guide book, but not now. As a Christian I believe in trying to live as Christ would, which means many things in the OT are obsolete and archaic. That's why God gave us his son, to wipe the slate clean. Even He doesn't expect us to follow those words. We are supposed to follow the examples of Christ to be good people.

tharealty2
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

We do the best we can and strive to do better.  I don't pick and choose what not to live according to - I pray for discernment and understanding, and growth.  Paul says, when speaking of the Law, what one is convicted to do - they should live according to - but its not for some one else to say 'look, he doesn't do this right, or he does do this right'

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:28 PM

This right here

Quoting kfroz0415:

I dont actively and intentionally choose to do this, but I am human and I make mistakes. I do my best to be a good person and a good christian, but I accept I am far from perfect. When I do mess up I apologize and hope everyone affected will forgive me in time.

Stephanie nice to meet you.
brittany208
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

lol--yes. He would label himself Catholic, and I would label myself Protestant... but this one thing is pretty much the only thing we disagree on so it seems silly that we would be two different things.

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

hes catholic isnt he?
Im proud I know the term for his belief.

Quoting brittany208:

LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Why does it only snow in winter?
Why do kids do the same things they get in trouble for over and over?
Why do people care what other religions do if they are not in that religion?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Destiny907
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM

you have to specify what you mean?   Do you mean why don't we follow the old testament laws?  ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)