Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can a Christian please answer me???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why do most Christians only choose to follow certain things in the bible instead of everything? If this has already been done i apologize.

Why are some people getting so upset? Im not asking to be rude im just really curious?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Replies (121-123):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Baa! Good little sheep.

Quoting YngCollegeSMom:

I'm not a Christian, but I don't think individuals choose what "rules" to follow. I think it is the church they choose to follow that makes those decisions for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM

To my understanding, to be a "Christian" is to believe in Jesus Christ and what he stood for--and sorry, but I also believe the Bible is NOT the literal word of God because it was cherrypicked by a bunch of old men a thousand years ago or more (whenever, please don't jump on me for not knowing dates). The church chose what to include and what to exclude, which is why certain gospels are not in there. 

I live a Christian life in that I live by His ideals. I personally think the idea that parents can stone their children to death for cursing at their parents (in the Bible -- Leviticus 20:9) is ridiculous, and if I can't take that seriously, then at what point do I start/stop believing in what it says?

Jesus was the champion of the poor, the downtrodden, the dispossessed, the diseased, the outcasts. He was the champion of women and children especially. He tried to do good and to lift others up. This is how we live, by serving others when and how we can. That also means that we support gay marriage, because to us Love is Love--and if Jesus could reach out to a criminal as he was dying, then who are we to say he would turn his back on a gay person?

In fact, the only people Jesus ever turned his back on were (gasp) the leaders of the church!

Food for thought, eh?

I'm sure I'll get slammed for that so I think I'll post anonymously. lol. Don't want death threats or anything.

Just so you know--not all "Christians" are hate-filled nutjobs, and by the way--we DO believe in both Jesus AND Darwin's theory of Evolution!! lol! (Yep, I teach science!)

Edited: Check this website out. Fascinating. http://blog.joelmhoffman.com/2011/01/31/the-bible-says-so-and-other-stupid-arguments/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:14 AM
It wouldn't let me edit but what I meant was there are a lot Christians who say oh homosexuality is a sin but they are fornicating and doing this and that. Why do they feel they have the room to talk down on those who are gay or a lesbian when no sin is greater than the other. I noticed this a lot growing up and I still do ecspecially when I go to church.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)