Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can a Christian please answer me???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why do most Christians only choose to follow certain things in the bible instead of everything? If this has already been done i apologize.

Why are some people getting so upset? Im not asking to be rude im just really curious?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM

What do you mean?

tharealty2
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I for one, do not completely discount the OT.  Paul says Christ did not come to abolish the Law but when Christ was killed for our sins we were able to live by grace.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:33 PM

because some people are fighting different battles and they do what they can

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM
So you believe that both should be a choice? Just asking I won't debate either way

Btw I'm catholic and the farthest thing from perfect

Quoting xtina8817:

I don't think we really CHOOSE to follow or not follow things. I mean we do to a point but not blatantly. Does that make sense?? No ones perfect, anyone, christian or not, that tells you otherwise is selling something. Christians will stumble and make mistakes/sin. Its just life.

Now...if they start getting hypocritical, that's different. I am a christian but I don't judge others the way I've seen a lot of Christians do. Things like..gay marriage and abortion. I dont agree with it but I'm not going to judge someone who does. I'll just choose to not do those things.

I don't know if this actually helped you at all lol
xtina8817
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I don't really push to far either way. As Christians we're taught to love others and just plant seeds or attempt to guide ppl in the right direction. I've know several gay couples that were Christians, I know as Catholic they believe certain sins are worse than others - but as a Baptist and most other Christian religions, sin is sin. So me living with my SO and not married is just as big a sin as the lady that accidently got prego and had an abortion, or the gay couple the got married, or the guy who flipped and murdered his family. Life is too short to fight about it, so i let people do what they do and just love them. Except the killers, I suppose I DO try to stay clear of those guys lol
Mychelle9
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I guess some of it depends upon if you belong to an organized Christian Faith or not.     Each Christian Faith has its own doctrine and stresses some scripture and not others.     Literally following all of  the scriptures in the Old Testiment would probably get you arrested and jailed for life.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I can't speak for everyone....but for me personally I do not follow It word for word, because God did not write the Bible. A bunch of men did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:54 PM

popcorn

sithmama
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:54 PM

What things do you see people not following that you feel they should? Please keep in mind that we mess up as much as anyone else! 

Chelssea
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Totally agreed. :)

Quoting xtina8817:

I don't think we really CHOOSE to follow or not follow things. I mean we do to a point but not blatantly. Does that make sense?? No ones perfect, anyone, christian or not, that tells you otherwise is selling something. Christians will stumble and make mistakes/sin. Its just life.

Now...if they start getting hypocritical, that's different. I am a christian but I don't judge others the way I've seen a lot of Christians do. Things like..gay marriage and abortion. I dont agree with it but I'm not going to judge someone who does. I'll just choose to not do those things.

I don't know if this actually helped you at all lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)