Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can a Christian please answer me???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why do most Christians only choose to follow certain things in the bible instead of everything? If this has already been done i apologize.

Why are some people getting so upset? Im not asking to be rude im just really curious?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
emptynesst
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM
I am not where I need to be anymore, that s for sure, but when I truly considered myself a christian, I tried to follow the bible as closely as possible...however, everyone makes mistakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:01 PM

They prefer to point fingers rather than look in the mirror.

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Tell me exactly what you want to know because that is a broad statement....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Queen_Sheila
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM

People are easily offended when it comes to religion, no one likes being told what to believe, and if they think that you might even be thinking of maybe telling them what to believe they'll bite your head off. Personally, I'm glad you asked this question. My answer: I do follow everything that the Lord commands. Not perfectly,  obviously, and when I mess up I repent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do most Christians only choose to follow certain things in the bible instead of everything? If this has already been done i apologize.

Why are some people getting so upset? Im not asking to be rude im just really curious?

Pink.Sunshine
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momof2.5girls:

Because it is really really hard!!!
quietbookworm
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM

This post may get interesting.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM

All the stuff about gays is in the old testament...

Quoting Master_Debater:

I'm not Christian but I'll answer. The Old Testament is not to be followed anymore because of Jesus coming.

And we're all born with sin and will continue to sin, no matter what. There will always be something, nobody is perfect.

haleymak
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish people wouldn't be so hard on Christians like saying we all want to point fingers instead of looking in the mirror.
I know people who are like that and claim to be Christians but just because some people are that way doesn't mean all Christians are like that. Don't let some few people ruin it for all of us.
Gabrielle1982
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I think is is part of human nature to pick "rules" that suit how you want to live your life.  However, I think Christians are judged more harshly than others when they don't follow the Bible to a T.  Truth is, Christians sin, they make mistakes, they get caught up in life, they sometimes lose their way, they make poor decisions sometimes, the only difference between a Christian and non-christian is that they have accepted being saved by grace.  I think that it can appear as though they are picking in choosing when in reality they're just doing what they can.  Being Christian doesn't make you perfect and those that act that it does, you should know that in their hearts, something isn't right.  Also, many people call themselves Christians just because they believe in God.  Do not let that confuse you.  If just believing in God makes you a Christian, then Satan is a Christian, too.  I have felt the same way, I've met people who say they are Christians until we discuss the Bible, and I say, I'm sorry but if you are Christian, you can't pick and choose what you want to be truth.  Whether you like it or not, every word is the truth.

romalove
by SakePrincess on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Quoting Master_Debater:

I'm not Christian but I'll answer. The Old Testament is not to be followed anymore because of Jesus coming.

And we're all born with sin and will continue to sin, no matter what. There will always be something, nobody is perfect.

Then why did Jesus say he came to fulfill the law and not abolish it?

And why do Christians quote Leviticus for reasoning on being against homosexuality if they don't follow Old Testament?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN