Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do with $5000 a week for life? ETA...

Posted by   + Show Post
I would still live in a house that was modest but had space for my girls to have their own rooms and a large fenced yard for them and the pup to play in. There's only one thing I'd splurge on.

I would eat out literally every day except for holidays when I actually like to cook traditional meals.

ETA...If you could give $5000 a week to someone else, who would you choose and why? If we are allowed to divide the prize I think I would have to choose my parents because they always take care of others and my mom is on disability and my dad should be able to retire already. The other half would go to my in-laws because I would love if my MIL could just quit her job and live well for once in her life. She has always volunteered either in church or her community center with kids of questionable background. She never takes for herself and gives as much as she can. I don't care about FIL one bit but I know it's a package deal if I give to MIL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Replies (171-180):
My3beautys
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Pay off my car my house and save for my girls college and weddings!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LivysMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my God! Why didn't I think of that??? I'm changing my answer.

This. Nothing but this!

:D

Quoting harpsichord:

i would have the coolest dollhouses in the whole freaking world. seriously, i'd have an entire room devoted to dollhouse making and minitures :O

~lame~

firefly63701
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Put money back for my kids collage and future.  My oldest has autism and right now I'm just not sure if he will ever be independent so have money put back to pay for his care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM
If I'm guessing I'd say she's talking about the publisher's clearing house drawing. That's their gimick right now.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

But the hypothetical scenario is $5000/wk for LIFE. Do you honestly feel 260k just given to you every year until you die is not a lot of money?

That would depend on what I was doing to get the money.  No where in the OP did she say it's just given.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:13 PM
we'd live in a nicer (read: bigger) house, drive nicer cars, save more. I'd go back to school, so i could feel like i actually accomplished something in life. Nothing too crazy, it's a lot of money, but at the same time it's not.

if i were to give it to anyone, i'd split it between my parents, in-laws & a brother or two.
DarksMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM

What COULDN'T I do. LOL Decent house. Fairly new family friendly cars. Separate rooms for my kids (New one is a boy due in June, and I'm stressing the single bedroom for opposite gender kids when they are older), college funds. Bills paid off. Clear all old debt. Pay off some shit for my Gram. Hook up a few 'family' (friends who are like family to me) members who've done nothing but right by me and are still getting the shit end of the stick in life. Wedding funds for both kids. And more than likely, after that was done, I'd hire a nanny for 3-6 months and get some restructuring done. LOL Tummy tuck, lipo, boobs (nothing huge...just soemthing apropriate that will let me shop off the rack), and maybe a minor nose job/mini lift. I'd also be going to a real hairstylist on the regular, which I have never done before. And I'd send DH out to pick himself out a whole new wardrobe that he digs. We could both use new clothes. 

wagners7
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Pay down debt, build a nest egg, help family, donate to causes I believe in-my splurge would probably be to pamper my self with getting my hair done professionally more often, maybe more pedicures.  I only do those twice a year or so.  I would make more time for myself to work out, eat healthier, travel more, have more fun.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Disappear

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I would buy a luxury rv and just travel. Kids would be homeschooled learning history at the actual site. All my debt would be paid off. And college paid in cash.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Let me guess, you saw the PCH commercial? I saw that too... I'd be like you, a modest house with a room for each child, a fenced in yard (ours is large, but unfenced) and I'd want a dog. I wouldn't eat out but once a week. (If you count getting hot deli food eating out.) 

If I could choose someone else, I'd pry choose a member of my family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)