Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do with $5000 a week for life? ETA...

Posted by   + Show Post
I would still live in a house that was modest but had space for my girls to have their own rooms and a large fenced yard for them and the pup to play in. There's only one thing I'd splurge on.

I would eat out literally every day except for holidays when I actually like to cook traditional meals.

ETA...If you could give $5000 a week to someone else, who would you choose and why? If we are allowed to divide the prize I think I would have to choose my parents because they always take care of others and my mom is on disability and my dad should be able to retire already. The other half would go to my in-laws because I would love if my MIL could just quit her job and live well for once in her life. She has always volunteered either in church or her community center with kids of questionable background. She never takes for herself and gives as much as she can. I don't care about FIL one bit but I know it's a package deal if I give to MIL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Replies (191-200):
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Buy my kids clothes. They really need clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM

i would pay off debt, then save for a downpayment on a house, then buy a new car.  

if i could give 5k per week away, i'd split it between my mom, aunt, MIL, BIL and SIL. 

Jenniy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM
A trust set up for the needs and care of a special needs child (adult) after the parents are no longer able to care for them.

Quoting kathislove80:

What's a caregivers fund? (Excuse me if that's a dumb question ).

Quoting Jenniy:

Get a wheelchair accessible house, pay off debt, go back to school, start caregivers fund for my youngest and college funds for my older two.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tessamalk
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM

We would pay off all our bills first. We would move into a larger house, but nothing HUGE... we don't need that much space. We'd fix up the old house and probably give it to some friends of ours (or sell it dirt cheap to them so they could use the mortgage to bump their credit). We'd pay off our cars. Trade them in for something better, but nothing extravagant.

I'm all about being practical. I don't NEED a Ferrari. I don't NEED a mansion. We would probably end up donating quite a bit to charity throughout the year. I'd likely still work part-time, too, just because I'd go stir-crazy if I had to just sit at home all the time. I like to cook, so we'd probably eat out just a few times a week.

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I wouldnt have a huge house or anything. I would want new cars though! :P

I would give 5000 a week to my coworker. She is from Africa, but has lived here majority of her life. She is constantly sending back money to her mother and family in Africa to help support them and she is struggling herself as it is. I admire her hard work ethic, she is one of the few coworkers I truly get along with. She doesnt bitch- she just gets shit done. I love her wisdom as well.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM

We would buy a house so that my kids each have their own rooms, probably pay our vehicles off, go vist dh's family more offten (they all live in tx) and then save the rest. 

Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I would BREATHE!  Pay off student loans for dh and myself - and then start on a new plan for my finances...

frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Buy 2 homes (1 being at the beach), buy 2 cars and put aside $$ for my 4 children for their education. Save the rest:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Get all debts paid off. Upgrade our vehicles. Build a house. Pay for our wedding and get it exactly how we want it. Buy df whatever truck (semi) he wants. Build up college funds for all of our kids. Be able to have another child without worry. Hire a cleaning person, and a mothers helper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM
College funds, buy a house, pay off our car go on a massive vacation to Disneyland/world Europe and Asia then save the rest since the vacation is the top of our bucket list :D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)