Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do with $5000 a week for life? ETA...

Posted by   + Show Post
I would still live in a house that was modest but had space for my girls to have their own rooms and a large fenced yard for them and the pup to play in. There's only one thing I'd splurge on.

I would eat out literally every day except for holidays when I actually like to cook traditional meals.

ETA...If you could give $5000 a week to someone else, who would you choose and why? If we are allowed to divide the prize I think I would have to choose my parents because they always take care of others and my mom is on disability and my dad should be able to retire already. The other half would go to my in-laws because I would love if my MIL could just quit her job and live well for once in her life. She has always volunteered either in church or her community center with kids of questionable background. She never takes for herself and gives as much as she can. I don't care about FIL one bit but I know it's a package deal if I give to MIL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Replies (201-210):
KG34
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I would pay off my house, hire a landscaper for my back yard, get rid of of my crappy car and get a new one, send my son to college, donate to charities, and help my brother out.

pittiesmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:09 PM
We would probably take a family vacation. And by family I mean everyone, brothers and sister and their kids/spouses. My parents and my in-laws. Then after we got through that we would leave my girls with my parents and take a personal vacation to wind down lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleladiesx3
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:44 PM

pay off student loans...pay off credit cards....take the courses I want to take like feminist studies and law. Do whatever the hell I want at University for as long as I want. Save a ton for retirement. Save some for kids. Monthly budget of life things of course. 5000 a week isn't much..but it could be fun :) I would still work. 

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:44 PM
um. get my nails done? that's about it. i dont really do that much besides go out to eat a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Buy a house and new cars. My husband and I both would be on school full time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:48 PM

So far- travel and disappear have sounded like best suggestions lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:48 PM
If I could split it and do $2500 per person per week, I'd do $2500 to my parents and $2500 to mil. If not, I'd probably give it to mil.
BluePandaDreams
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Retire. Travel. Pay for my child's college, so she won't have to depend on grants, scholarships, and loans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trinitymarie513
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:50 PM

pay off debt, new car, house, save, research and invest,save, vacation, enlist in new activities I have wanted to try, and save.

tharealty2
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:54 PM

enjoy life.  not stress out about what bills I can pay and if I can afford to buy my kids some clothes or something not 'needed'.  I would have a maid and some one to show me how to prepare and make healthy meals.  I would go on real vacations - theme parks, cruises, islands :-)  I'd set my kids college funds up, and buy a ranch with alot of land to have an animal rescue and tough love camp for troubled kids.  Lord, you got my mind churning.  It'd be nice.  If I could give it so some one else,. it'd be my parents - they've helped us out so much and struggle themselves.  They could pay off their debt, their house, and see some actual good doctors who know what they're talking about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)