Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scared of labor

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am five dates and am having contractions about 2 hours apart and getting a little scared. with my first daughter they induced me, broke my water, gvae me pitocin and it was a nightmare. I am excited about the baby and have an awesome dh and Dr. Just needed to vent. Has anyone else been scared?

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:51 PM

no, my body just takes over and I'm kinda stuck watching

mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I was scared with all of mine.  The best labor, deliver, and recovery, was the totally unmedicated one.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:52 PM

YES!!! and this will be my third! I keep telling myself I survived before I will survive again.

givenshl
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:54 PM
It's natural to be scared. Don't focus on your previous labor just get comfortable for this one. I am sure you will be just fine.
Queen_Sheila
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Ha, I like your icon pic, I have a onesie like that only it says diaper loading. I was a little nervous with my first two, but in the end everything went great.

DebnDrew
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I disagree with the unmedicated idea, I am not a martyr......my favorite delivery was my second CS which was originally scheduled, but I went into labor prior to the date and went much smoother than a CS without labor present.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM
I was scared both times, but I knew the second time that once it was done, it was done. I didn't have anything at all when I delivered.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Yep!  I wasn't scared about labor, just the pushing part.  It was easier with my first because I had an epi and didn't feel anything.  My second came too fast (she came in 16 mins) and I had no pain meds, so I felt it all.  I was scared out of my mind doing it natural, but you get through it :)  Good luck!

WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:00 PM
NO i wasnt scared any of the three times. It is inevitable and doesnt last forever. look forward to it being the end!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UnFFnStoppable4
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I was a little scared/nervous with all three. But it's more exciting than anything. I love giving birth!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)