Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHEN IS A BABY CONSIDERED A LIFE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: WHEN IS A BABY CONSIDERED A LIFE

Options:

ALWAYS

1-4 MONTHS PREG

5-6 MONTHS PREG

7-9 MONTHS PREG

DEPENDS ON YOUR BELIEF

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 346

View Results

WHEN YOUR PREGO.. WHEN IS A BABY CONSIDERED A LIFE. I REMEMBER WATCHING SNAP AND A LADY WENT TO JAIL FOR TWO MURDERS FOR SHOOTING A PREGO WOMEN THAT WAS 5 MONTHS PREGNANT.

ANOTHER STORY WERE A MAN WAS ONLY CHARGED WITH ONE MURDER BECAUSE SHE WAS ONLY 7 WEEKS PREG.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
ms-superwoman
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM

From what you described, no. However, I'll stick around this post and see if you "talk" the same.

Quoting priceless3238:

I havent been on this website for about a year and can not even remember my old screename but i know it had something to do with my last name which is price....same person?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mmm, I'm pretty sure I know who you are. Why did your change your SN?

Quoting priceless3238:

Since you believe life bgins at conception are you also against hormonal birth control?

Quoting kcangel63:

For my personal beliefs, the moment of conception.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Not until the baby takes a breath outside your body. It's diffrent everywhere though. At 24 weeks if you go into labor they will try to save the baby. But not before than
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Hormonal yes. But support condom usage

Quoting priceless3238:

Are you against hormonal birth control? 

Quoting LavenderMom23:

The Bible says Jesus life as part man began at conception. So case closed

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BellaByrdie
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:15 PM
When it's born it's alive . Sorry it's not a life to me until it can survive without the mother.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:15 PM

The moment of viability. But in reality I don't give a shit what other women do with their pregnancies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Is your caps lock button stuck?
priceless3238
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Lol okay. My name is Chelsea if that helps :) there is no need to be anon lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

From what you described, no. However, I'll stick around this post and see if you "talk" the same.

Quoting priceless3238:

I havent been on this website for about a year and can not even remember my old screename but i know it had something to do with my last name which is price....same person?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mmm, I'm pretty sure I know who you are. Why did your change your SN?

Quoting priceless3238:

Since you believe life bgins at conception are you also against hormonal birth control?

Quoting kcangel63:

For my personal beliefs, the moment of conception.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

ALWAYS.

so many of the reasons you guys list are so wrong. some say 24 weeks, but some babies have been born younger that and still live. some say viability, but the age of viability changes every few years.

for those who say a certain number of weeks, what is so magically different from one day to the next. like if you say 20 weeks. 19 weeks 6 days and 20 hours they are not a baby and then 20 weeks thay are a baby? makes no friggin sense.

emptyreliquary
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Yea, I see nothing wrong with birth control then. Implantation would be the moment the pregnancy is confirmed in my mind, though conception is still technically the beginning if that life continues. I can only talk about my beliefs on life, I've seen a video of a 9 week fetus and you would never convince me that moving wiggling thing isn't alive, no matter how rudimentary that life is at that point. I'm not religious so I don't really base what I feel about it all on anything other then what i feel. Nor do I demand everyone else feel the same. :) Fertilized egg that is not implanted, in my opinion is not life, just the right ingredients for it, so I guess I would say from successfull implantation. 

Quoting priceless3238:

Well conception is when the sperm reaches the egg birth control often makes your body dispose of fertilized eggs after this point. 

Implantation and conception are different things

Quoting emptyreliquary:

I don't see anything wrong with birth control. But i still think once I have conceived, the life inside of me will be treasured from go as something special. I don't use birth control other than condoms, so not sure how hormonal birth control is murder. I mean, an egg is not a life, sperm is not a life, even an egg plus a sperm doesn't necessarily equal life every time. If it's a confirmed pregnancy that isn't lost very early on, which supposedly happens a bit, then I see it as a life. If someone does live, then yes, conception was their very beginning. 

Quoting priceless3238:

If you believe life begins at conception do you also believe hormonal birth control is "murder" ?

Quoting emptyreliquary:

From my personal beliefs, its a life. I find the whole concept of life very sacred. If I consider a bug to be alive, i definitely believe a fetus to be alive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)