Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHEN IS A BABY CONSIDERED A LIFE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: WHEN IS A BABY CONSIDERED A LIFE

Options:

ALWAYS

1-4 MONTHS PREG

5-6 MONTHS PREG

7-9 MONTHS PREG

DEPENDS ON YOUR BELIEF

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 346

View Results

WHEN YOUR PREGO.. WHEN IS A BABY CONSIDERED A LIFE. I REMEMBER WATCHING SNAP AND A LADY WENT TO JAIL FOR TWO MURDERS FOR SHOOTING A PREGO WOMEN THAT WAS 5 MONTHS PREGNANT.

ANOTHER STORY WERE A MAN WAS ONLY CHARGED WITH ONE MURDER BECAUSE SHE WAS ONLY 7 WEEKS PREG.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:19 PM
This is something I trust people to decide for themselves. When seine else makes that choice for them violently, of course they should be charged with a crime.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I think legally a life and morally a life are two different things. So, if you are pregnant and someone maliciously takes that potential life away from a family that wanted it, is different from "when does life really begin" (which is an answer that groups can't agree on), at least in my opinion.

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

In my body it is alive as soon as it is concieved. As far as murder I think anytime someone kills an unborn child (not abortion because that is consent) it should be considered murder. 

emptyreliquary
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Also to note, by definition anything alive is animate and not dead. i don't think fetuses are dead so that would make them alive right? 

Sexyfox09
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM
For me at conception, but after the first trimester its more real because you have less chance of loading the pregnancy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM

What about the copper IUD?

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Hormonal yes. But support condom usage

Quoting priceless3238:

Are you against hormonal birth control? 

Quoting LavenderMom23:

The Bible says Jesus life as part man began at conception. So case closed

manda-nicole010
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:24 PM

There is a scientific standard... a legal standard... and then a moral standard. The three rarely agree. 

Scientifically, life starts at conception. Legally, birth is when a child is considered a life though there are different states that have laws about viability and morally... I personally think some consider life to start at whatever point they aren't okay having an abortion.  

LoveVenus
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:24 PM
3 moms liked this

Babies don't breathe in the womb.At least not in the usual sense.So your telling me that you consider life of a baby when it's born?I believe once it's concieved it's considered a little life growing within you.When your pregnant you protect your belly and self through out your 40 weeks.You do it because there is what we consider "LIFE" growing inside.Just food for thought.

Quoting Anonymous:

Too me not until they can breath in their own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM

If a fish is taken from water, it cannot breathe without dying. It needs something to live. A fetus needs it's mother to live. If you take it out, it cannot breathe without dying. If the fish was alive before death, wouldn't a fetus need to be alive in the first place (no matter what the state) for it to technically die?

Quoting Anonymous:

Not until the baby takes a breath outside your body. It's diffrent everywhere though. At 24 weeks if you go into labor they will try to save the baby. But not before than

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Conception is when I think life begins.
No, I do not use hormonal bc.
No, I don't care when others think life begins:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)