Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my daughter hates my husband

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM
  • 80 Replies
She's 6 months old. If I hand her to her dad for even a minute she immediately freaks out and starts crying. I've gone to the store with my oldest daughter and have gotten texts from my husband saying that she's inconsolable. it bothers me because he won't hold her for very long before I hear " lizzy wants her mommy"when she was younger my husband would tell me that she hates him. Sometimes its cute that she wants me but others its completely aggravating since he'll want me to take her but won't do any of the things I need to do ( doing dishes, vacuuming, etc...)

Do you think she will just warm up to him over time?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM
BUMP!
AllyRy
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:46 PM
He needs to spend time with her. My ds preferred me when he was that age. Now he's almost a year and cries when daddy leaves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM
My son was the same way. Dad's feelings would be so hurt. He even got upset one day. But now it's all about Daddy :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yabbadabba07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Eventually she will like him. My youngest is almost two and shee still usually freaks out when daddy tries to hold her. Its getting better though
MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM
The problem is he gets so impatient with her crying that he always wants me to take her but then bitches that I hold her too much

Quoting AllyRy:

He needs to spend time with her. My ds preferred me when he was that age. Now he's almost a year and cries when daddy leaves.

Junesmommy18
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she's being abused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Tell him to stop pinching her. Jk but seriously it sounds like her age. She should get over it in time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM

bump

ChocolateJunky
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM

My 5 month old cries every time she sees me. She'll be perfectly happy in her daddy's arms, but as soon as I'm in view, she gets mad.

michiganmom5150
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:18 PM
As my ds's doc said, all kids go through stages where they like one parent more than the other. She'll warm up to him
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)