Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

nurses is this normal

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM
  • 31 Replies
My dd has rsv. We are going on day 3. She has been running fevers from 101 to 105. Last night she coughed so hard her nose started bleeding. Tonight she was crying and started coughing till she coughed up blood and mucus and got another nose bleed. What can I do?

Btw she's two.

Been at the Dr for hours. They're putting her on antibiotics. The Dr. thinks she has a bacterial infection on top of the rsv. At first he thought she may have gotten something stuck up her nose, but xrays showed nothing. I just want my baby back to feeling well.

How long does this crap last. Her fever is 105 again?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chan_Brawner88
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Generally rsv is a low grade fever, 105 sounds pretty high. With the crazy amount of mucus and swelling of the tissues in nose and throat, the bleeding isn't shocking. It gets irritated very easily. You should call your pediatrician or er for further advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM
wow if that kid is that bad you should take her to ER
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I am not a RN but my dd had it last FEB , and they told me it peaks on days 3and4 , she was admitted for 2 days.

tears78
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Oh my stars , call the dr. hun
Eagle293
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:03 PM
It's scaring me. I don't like it at all. I wish I could just make it go away for her.

Quoting Chan_Brawner88:

Generally rsv is a low grade fever, 105 sounds pretty high. With the crazy amount of mucus and swelling of the tissues in nose and throat, the bleeding isn't shocking. It gets irritated very easily. You should call your pediatrician or er for further advice.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Have you been alternating motrin with tyenol? is the baby on medication from the doctor yet? 

A fever of 105 in a child isnt something to panic about immediately if its a one time thing. if it keeps going up to that, or stays there with medication, then i would go to the ER. 

children under 5 often can get fevers that high. if she has already been seen by a doctor, follow the doctors advice. he would have given you a sheet with information on when to go back, or when to go to the ER. what does that say? 

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Yes I've been alternating. All I was told was if she has to much trouble breathing to take her in.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

Have you been alternating motrin with tyenol? is the baby on medication from the doctor yet? 

A fever of 105 in a child isnt something to panic about immediately if its a one time thing. if it keeps going up to that, or stays there with medication, then i would go to the ER. 

children under 5 often can get fevers that high. if she has already been seen by a doctor, follow the doctors advice. he would have given you a sheet with information on when to go back, or when to go to the ER. what does that say? 

batmansgirl
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

You need to take her in asap

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Quoting batmansgirl:

You need to take her in asap

AlekD
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM
That must be so scary :( I would take her in. Praying for you, be strong mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN