Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is 42 too old to try to get pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was just wondering.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Replies (161-166):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM

You don't know me! Anyone who does says I'm one of the most open minded people they know. Just because I disagree with older women having babies in no way means I'm not open minded. I have opinions and that's one of them. If you don't like it, stfu and move on.

Quoting Anonymous:

NOT

Quoting Anonymous:

I never said 35 is old. I'm 47, so there's no way I'd say that. I was 30 when I had my last one and the only reason we're so close is because I'm very open minded and change with the times. All I'm saying is when I grew up, my mother and I had a huge generation gap and couldn't communicate or agree because of the age gap. Yes, I was embarassed about it because everyone else's parents were younger and weren't so old-fashioned and close minded. You don't have to agree, but IMO noone should have kids after 30, 35 at most. Yes, women are having kids in their 40s, but it doesn't make it right. There are reasons birth defects are higher in that age bracket. At your age, you would be very close to being a senior citizen when your child graduates high school. That should be a grandparents age, not a parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. My mom was 35 and we had a huge generation gap. I was always embarassed that my parents were so much older than everyone elses, and they acted it too.

you think 35 is old?  Are you kidding me and you were embarrassed?  I had my dd at age 32 and when she was in private school, most moms were MY age or older.  When she went to the lower income public school, most were younger, but they were irresponsble and had kids when they had no money at all, something that is really important when you have kids.  My parents were young and I was embarrassed at the time.  Again , it was a rich private school I attended and educated parents tend to hold off on kids.  The only difference between my young parents and the young ones of today is they had a much better work ethic.  Sure , my mom was a young mom, but they supported us with NO welfare or any help from parents. Don't know too many young parents today, 18, 19 20 yrs old taking care of their kids 100% with no help.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM
I never wanted kids in my 30's. Its too old for me. Here I am 31 and 32 weeks pregnant. Crap ! lol I am done though.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

for me, yes.  but then i swore i wouldn't have more after 30 (i'll be 32 in march and am considering ONE more- if that doesn't happen this year, then i'm done)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I am 38, soon to be 39 and am pregnant with our second child.  My sister has a friend who is 43 and her DH is 56 and they just had their sixth child.  I would discuss your desire to get pregnant with your doctor.  Good luck! 

CafeMom Tickers
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM

When you are like 20, anything after 30 sounds "old"...and then you get there...lol.  31 doesn't seem so old anymore does it?

Quoting Mychele:

I never wanted kids in my 30's. Its too old for me. Here I am 31 and 32 weeks pregnant. Crap ! lol I am done though.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

for me, yes.  but then i swore i wouldn't have more after 30 (i'll be 32 in march and am considering ONE more- if that doesn't happen this year, then i'm done)

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM
No. I know what you are saying though. It isn't "old". It's just too old for me to have babies. I thought my 2 yr old was my last. I finally had a girl. I was happy. I thought if I had any more kids that I would adopt an older female child. I honestly felt like I was moving on with my life and left babies in my past. I went back to school, I was working on loosing weight, and we started having more vacations. It was great. This baby was a huge surprise. Some medications I was taking or something messed with my cycle. Idk we were very careful and some how I ended up pregnant. Horrible time to be pregnant with all the stuff going on plus the medications I was taking could have caused many birth defects. I still couldn't bring myself to end the pregnancy. I've never had an abortion for a reason. So I suck it up and decided to be a new mom again at 31. I can't wait to meet my daughter. I wouldn't change it. I believe everything happens for a reason. 6 more weeks to go .....

Quoting TrouserMouse:

When you are like 20, anything after 30 sounds "old"...and then you get there...lol.  31 doesn't seem so old anymore does it?

Quoting Mychele:

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Nope 40 and pregnant here = )
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN