Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is 42 too old to try to get pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was just wondering.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Replies (131-140):
Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I would never.. but I want to run around with my grandbabies someday. I will be done having kids next year when I am 24
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM

For me, it definitely would be too old.  I am 24 having my last this February.

kitchen.ninja
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM
If they are healthy and really well taken care of there is nothing wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM
I'm pushing 40 myself and I've noticed that here and there. My comment wasn't meant to offend.

Quoting Anonymous:

These days, having older parents is not uncommon. Lots of people my age (late 30's) have newborn-toddler aged children. My dd will have plenty of classmates who are my age, or even older, when she graduates from high school.

Quoting Anonymous:

IMO...yes. I'm not you though. Not to mention all the health factors. How do you think your future child will feel about the it?

My parents were always about 20 yrs older than the other kids parents. Mine were always so out of touch with how to raise children. They always used the "well in my day...".

My dad was born in 1939 and my mom was born in 1941.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM

IMO, yes.

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM

For me it would be, as I had health issues starting in my 40s.  Maybe not for others.  It is true about women years ago.  They had babies until they could not have them anymore, well into their forties, and they were all healthy.  This is something to discuss with your doctor.  Older moms are usually great as they most likely are more financially stable and less selfish, like someone else mentioned.

model1000mom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:11 AM

yep I got pregnant at 42 and just had my son 6 weeks ago. I am now 43.

Our new addition to the family!

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I wouldn't do it.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Your body your choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Quoting Ajanee12:

I would never.. but I want to run around with my grandbabies someday. I will be done having kids next year when I am 24

really?  At 24 I was certainly not finished with my education or financially ready for children.  I actually waited until I had money and education, and plenty of it.  also my mom had all her children by 23.  She never lived long enough to see any grandchildren though.  Shit happens and being a young mom who knows it all does not mean you will be a young grandma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)