Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is 42 too old to try to get pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was just wondering.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Replies (141-150):
GatorsWife4Life
by Christina on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:14 AM

My aunt was 40 when she had her first ds and then she was 44 when she had her second ds. I think personally that it is too old. I wouldn't do it for the simple fact of I had my kids when I was young. 19 with dd and 23 with ds and when I get into my 40's (I am 30 now.) I don't want to have to start all over again. And I don't want to be in my 70's trying to enjoy grandchildren. I don't advocate young mothers so much but honestly I am glad that I had mine young.

HisMommy4Ever
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Yeah. They're can  be alot of complications.....but if you're healthy enough I think it's possible.

Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:15 AM

NOT at ALL!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Quoting RichardsMom0209:

For me, yes. I thought I was pushing it with my current pregnancy and I'm 32.

really?  I was 32 also, but the was the norm around here where education and money come before having a family. I never understand the mindset of those 20 somethings that don't have a dime to their names but they must be young parents.  Bullshit

Cmyfantasyworld
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:17 AM

No, but the person should be aware of the cons of being such a late mother. My aunt had her last at 42 she told me she was very tired all the time.. she also had been trying for awhile with a few miscarraiges beforehand :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM
In my opinion, yes. By the time the child is 20 you'll be a senior citizen. How will you relate?
SevenKisses
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM

YES

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Quoting GatorsWife4Life:

My aunt was 40 when she had her first ds and then she was 44 when she had her second ds. I think personally that it is too old. I wouldn't do it for the simple fact of I had my kids when I was young. 19 with dd and 23 with ds and when I get into my 40's (I am 30 now.) I don't want to have to start all over again. And I don't want to be in my 70's trying to enjoy grandchildren. I don't advocate young mothers so much but honestly I am glad that I had mine young.

you don't have children young to be a young grandparent, that is ridiculous.  My mom had children very young and never lived long enough to be a grandparent(cancer)  The majority of the young moms on here don't have money.  Actually, my parents had kids young but that generation worked and supported their OWN children, something this generation knows nothing about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:19 AM

No ways!! If your healty and ur doc says okay go for it... Goodluck!! 

GatorsWife4Life
by Christina on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GatorsWife4Life:

you don't have children young to be a young grandparent, that is ridiculous.  My mom had children very young and never lived long enough to be a grandparent(cancer)  The majority of the young moms on here don't have money.  Actually, my parents had kids young but that generation worked and supported their OWN children, something this generation knows nothing about.

Hello? How stupid was this response? I said I wouldn't want to be in my 70's trying to be a grandparent. How is that ridiculous? I have money and I support my own children. And I am 30 years old. I have a college education, my home is paid for and my children have college funds. Obviously good parents are something you know nothing about. Not all of this generation is bad. I am sorry you lost your mother by the way. But don't be a bitch when you didn't understand the response obviously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)