Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is 42 too old to try to get pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was just wondering.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Replies (151-160):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. My mom was 35 and we had a huge generation gap. I was always embarassed that my parents were so much older than everyone elses, and they acted it too.

you think 35 is old?  Are you kidding me and you were embarrassed?  I had my dd at age 32 and when she was in private school, most moms were MY age or older.  When she went to the lower income public school, most were younger, but they were irresponsble and had kids when they had no money at all, something that is really important when you have kids.  My parents were young and I was embarrassed at the time.  Again , it was a rich private school I attended and educated parents tend to hold off on kids.  The only difference between my young parents and the young ones of today is they had a much better work ethic.  Sure , my mom was a young mom, but they supported us with NO welfare or any help from parents. Don't know too many young parents today, 18, 19 20 yrs old taking care of their kids 100% with no help.

Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM
I have a college education and I'm well off financially. I don't live life thinking I will die soon either. I just stated that I would never. I have no issue with others who do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ajanee12:

I would never.. but I want to run around with my grandbabies someday. I will be done having kids next year when I am 24

really?  At 24 I was certainly not finished with my education or financially ready for children.  I actually waited until I had money and education, and plenty of it.  also my mom had all her children by 23.  She never lived long enough to see any grandchildren though.  Shit happens and being a young mom who knows it all does not mean you will be a young grandma

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
moongemini
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM
its defiantly up to the mom and dad but personally not something I myself could do.
GatorsWife4Life
by Christina on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RichardsMom0209:

For me, yes. I thought I was pushing it with my current pregnancy and I'm 32.

really?  I was 32 also, but the was the norm around here where education and money come before having a family. I never understand the mindset of those 20 somethings that don't have a dime to their names but they must be young parents.  Bullshit

WOW!! You are on a total bitch roll tonight aren't you? By the way, I was MARRIED and a stable home and income when I got preggo with my dd at 18 and had her at 19. Your argument is void. Not all young mothers are idiots. Stop generalizing.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I was done having kids by 25.  I had three sons.  Then SURPRISE pregnant at 43...gave birth at 44.............wouldn't change a moment of it for the world

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I never said 35 is old. I'm 47, so there's no way I'd say that. I was 30 when I had my last one and the only reason we're so close is because I'm very open minded and change with the times. All I'm saying is when I grew up, my mother and I had a huge generation gap and couldn't communicate or agree because of the age gap. Yes, I was embarassed about it because everyone else's parents were younger and weren't so old-fashioned and close minded. You don't have to agree, but IMO noone should have kids after 30, 35 at most. Yes, women are having kids in their 40s, but it doesn't make it right. There are reasons birth defects are higher in that age bracket. At your age, you would be very close to being a senior citizen when your child graduates high school. That should be a grandparents age, not a parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. My mom was 35 and we had a huge generation gap. I was always embarassed that my parents were so much older than everyone elses, and they acted it too.

you think 35 is old?  Are you kidding me and you were embarrassed?  I had my dd at age 32 and when she was in private school, most moms were MY age or older.  When she went to the lower income public school, most were younger, but they were irresponsble and had kids when they had no money at all, something that is really important when you have kids.  My parents were young and I was embarrassed at the time.  Again , it was a rich private school I attended and educated parents tend to hold off on kids.  The only difference between my young parents and the young ones of today is they had a much better work ethic.  Sure , my mom was a young mom, but they supported us with NO welfare or any help from parents. Don't know too many young parents today, 18, 19 20 yrs old taking care of their kids 100% with no help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM

NOT

Quoting Anonymous:

I never said 35 is old. I'm 47, so there's no way I'd say that. I was 30 when I had my last one and the only reason we're so close is because I'm very open minded and change with the times. All I'm saying is when I grew up, my mother and I had a huge generation gap and couldn't communicate or agree because of the age gap. Yes, I was embarassed about it because everyone else's parents were younger and weren't so old-fashioned and close minded. You don't have to agree, but IMO noone should have kids after 30, 35 at most. Yes, women are having kids in their 40s, but it doesn't make it right. There are reasons birth defects are higher in that age bracket. At your age, you would be very close to being a senior citizen when your child graduates high school. That should be a grandparents age, not a parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

RichardsMom0209
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RichardsMom0209:

For me, yes. I thought I was pushing it with my current pregnancy and I'm 32.

really?  I was 32 also, but the was the norm around here where education and money come before having a family. I never understand the mindset of those 20 somethings that don't have a dime to their names but they must be young parents.  Bullshit

It's not that I think I'm too old or anything. Pretty much 30 was my cut off before I decided to have children. I wanted to be mature but still have plenty of energy to play with my kids. I didn't have my son until I was 28. Now this one will be born when I'm 33. This will be my last one. It's just my personal prefrence. :)

stephiic
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM
ummm yea
batmansgirl
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM

No, who am I to judge another person?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN