Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do Women Want to Know the Gender of the Baby?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Doesn't anyone want a surprise anymore???

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (181-190):
PhoebeSmith
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I want to know so I can buy things before the baby arrives. Nothing wrong with finding out the gender.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I have a ton of baby clothes for both a boy and girl. I learned the sex of our baby last week and do not want a surpise. I want to be a ble to gather the gender specific clothing and clean and prep it from being in storage. It is difficult enough to do with a toddler around, when am I supposed to do it after the baby is born?

I don't have help from family or friends, as we live to far from anyone we are close to, so it is not like 

I would have an extra pair of hands to help with washing clothes, cleaning diapers, or getting the bedding, carseat, and other stuff ready. Days like today where my two year old actually naps, I am able to get the newborn stuff together and get a load on to wash, dry and put away. I have until May to gather and prep the stuff I will need and there is only so much gender neutral stuff I can prepare.

I like knowing the sex of our baby early. I like having the chance to call the baby by their chosen name, rather than by a nickname, and I like thinking about my baby as my son/daughter instead of wondering.

SaraLovesEli29
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Not really. I like planning ahead.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I don't like surprises, unless I know absolutely nothing about it. So I want to know because I can't handle the wait, I'm too impatient.

SwtSnowflake2
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I wanted to know so I could bond more with my child. When I knew what sex it was I could start calling him or her the name I chose.
addykarder19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM
with my first I wanted to know, my second I didnt want to know but he was breech and had his legs wide open so that ruined that, with my third I didnt want to know and never did find out and I absolutely loved not knowing..

ive never understood why parents buy big items (car seat, strollers etc) that arent gender neutral, especially if you plan on having more kids. even when I knew the sex I still bought a lot of gender neutral stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I didn't want to know, but I knew before the techs did the ultrasound on each one.  I actually told them what each baby's sex was before they showed me.  With the boys, I had morning sickness four days after the deed, but with the girls I looked awful, had bad skin, greasy hair, my nose looked fat, and that's what prompted me to take a test with the girls.  With the boys, I tested on the day I missed my period, but the girls I was two weeks late with each of them before I thought to take a test.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I have a boy, if the next ones a girl and we end up having a third, then and only then will I leave the gender a surprise.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Because I hate gender neutral colors
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:59 PM
No! I'm a planner. I want to decorate and get clothes ready and I hate that gender generic stuff- yuck to yellow !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)