Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do Women Want to Know the Gender of the Baby?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Doesn't anyone want a surprise anymore???

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (201-210):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Why would I want a surprise? I get the surprise when I get the Ultrasound. Lol. I want to know as soon as possible, so I can decide what to buy, how to decorate etc. I don't want to buy all the gender neutral crap, or have to wait to shop. Plus, I'm just impatient.Lol

mama_cullum
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I knew the genders before ever having sonograms done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I enjoy the surprise. I kinda believe that by not knowing the gender it makes you work all that much harder during labour to get that darn surprise out lol. anyway, it worked for me, 3 singleton kids and I have a total 8.5 hours of labour and delivery lol.

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I knew my son would be the only child I ever have. So I wanted the full experience of the ultrasound. We didn't do the 4D or whatever but I wanted to see how they can tell gender and all of that. My mom had never seen a sonogram done and got to experience it as well. It was a neat experience, I had a very nice u/s technician.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I wanted to know so I could have the nursery all done and painted.  Plus I wanted to buy clothes and stuff and I had twins so I wanted to know if I had to buy all girl, all boy, or both of everything.  

meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Nope, I want to know so I can prepare better. I also hate surprises.

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I love a surprise. Ill never find out
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM

My first son was a surprise. I vowed never to torture myself for 9 months again.

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I don't like surprises.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM

That might be the dumbest question ive hear all year.  No, it definitly is the dumbest question ive heard all year.  Just saying...

Seems amazingly obvious to me.  People like to plan for their baby and yellow is an ugly color.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)