Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do Women Want to Know the Gender of the Baby?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Doesn't anyone want a surprise anymore???

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (211-220):
loveabi
by **tRiNa LyN** on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM
**shrugs**

Because I hate surprises and didn't want to wait...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM

This! I don't see much sense in delaying the "surprise," and I am a big fan of knowing everything that the doctors know about my child.

Besides, for baby number one, it was a big enough surprise not having a kid and then...having one!

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Well, isn't finding out on the sonogram a surprise as well? You walked in not knowing the gender, and then you're told. Surprise!

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM
It's still a surprise when you find out before birth. Plus it's easier to plan if you know. Not everyone is fond of neutral colors/themes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:22 PM

my 2nd child was a surprise. if i was to have a 3rd (which im not) i would def. find out the gender. I thought it would be neat to have a surprise but labor was differcult and after 23hours with no drugs (well drugs for an 1hr but i dont remember if because they gave me too much and i couldnt stay consious) .... i didnt care if they pulled a dog out of there so the whole experience was lost on me :/

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Because we wanted to know so we could prepare.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I was too excited to wait. Originally I wanted to, but then... I just couldn't wait!! 

NHGal
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Isn't a surprise when you find out at the ultrasound?  I know I was surprised with my first - we had a feeling it was going to be a boy and it wasn't.  With my 2nd I knew it was a girl from the beginning and so it wouldn't have been a surprise either way.

artio.sd
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I didn't want to know. My doc was thrilled we didn't want to know. He said he never gets to find out first anymore lol
WandaSue
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM

to be prepared! i would have been super stressed if i didnt know

hfs1998
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM

It is always a surprise regardless of WHEN you find out.  I found out 4 out of 5 times.  One time I wasn't able to find out because she was extremely modest during her ultrasound.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN