Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do Women Want to Know the Gender of the Baby?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Doesn't anyone want a surprise anymore???

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (211-220):
loveabi
by **tRiNa LyN** on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM
**shrugs**

Because I hate surprises and didn't want to wait...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM

This! I don't see much sense in delaying the "surprise," and I am a big fan of knowing everything that the doctors know about my child.

Besides, for baby number one, it was a big enough surprise not having a kid and then...having one!

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Well, isn't finding out on the sonogram a surprise as well? You walked in not knowing the gender, and then you're told. Surprise!

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM
It's still a surprise when you find out before birth. Plus it's easier to plan if you know. Not everyone is fond of neutral colors/themes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:22 PM

my 2nd child was a surprise. if i was to have a 3rd (which im not) i would def. find out the gender. I thought it would be neat to have a surprise but labor was differcult and after 23hours with no drugs (well drugs for an 1hr but i dont remember if because they gave me too much and i couldnt stay consious) .... i didnt care if they pulled a dog out of there so the whole experience was lost on me :/

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Because we wanted to know so we could prepare.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheymann
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I was too excited to wait. Originally I wanted to, but then... I just couldn't wait!! 

NHGal
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Isn't a surprise when you find out at the ultrasound?  I know I was surprised with my first - we had a feeling it was going to be a boy and it wasn't.  With my 2nd I knew it was a girl from the beginning and so it wouldn't have been a surprise either way.

artio.sd
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I didn't want to know. My doc was thrilled we didn't want to know. He said he never gets to find out first anymore lol
WandaSue
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM

to be prepared! i would have been super stressed if i didnt know

hfs1998
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM

It is always a surprise regardless of WHEN you find out.  I found out 4 out of 5 times.  One time I wasn't able to find out because she was extremely modest during her ultrasound.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured