Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do Women Want to Know the Gender of the Baby?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Doesn't anyone want a surprise anymore???

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I don't like surprises.

tezell78
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I refused to find out the gender of any of my 3 kids. Labor and delivery sucked and the surprise was the only thing that convinced me to go through it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy2nicky07
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I like to plan everything ahead. I wish I had the patience to wait! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I wanted a surprise I really really did but when my 4 year old son asked if we could find out ever so sweetly I caved good thing to I wouldn't trade him talking to his bubba in my belly for anything. He was so attached to his brother because of it.
maureen813
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

we did not find out with either, we enjoy the surprise. 

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

It's a surprise at the time of the Ultrasound too, lol.  

I found out with my first three.  We didn't want to find out with our fourth.  The U/S tech put the transducer on my stomach, it was on his genitals.  She tried to move it quickly but we saw it, lol.

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I like to plan and make purchases over a long period of time rather than all at once after baby arrives. but I'm also not too big big on gender neutral shopping! my dd had all pink and purple, and my ds had blues and greens....

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I'm a planner. Besides... it took us FOREVER to decide on a boy name. I can't imagine if we had to settle on TWO names... gah. 

snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
cause everything at the stores are gender specific, and you need certain things before the baby is born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM

why would I want to find out the gender of my baby, only to have a slim chance of being wrong, plus all the annoying questions about it's name or how am I going to feel haveing that baby (pick one I have 3 and am pregnant with #4) as part of the family.

I just feel that my mother, grandmother, great grandmother, etc. didn't need to know and were still able to survive and have the baby, why is it so infintesimally important that I find out as soon as possible. having not found out with my 3 ds's and baby #4 I feel it gives more purpose to the labour and delivery. more motivation to get it out of me lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)