Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband asked me to get a nose job :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm in complete and utter shock right now. My husband came home from work earlier and sat me down and handed me some pamphlets. They were for a plastic surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty. I looked at him and asked what this was all about and he looks at me and says " I think it will improve your self-esteem." We've been married for almost seven years and my nose has never been an issue. I mean I know I'm not a supermodel but I thought my husband loved me and my honker :(

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Replies (81-87):
MelissaBtr
by Member on Jan. 24, 2017 at 5:53 PM
Lol
hateaway
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2017 at 5:56 PM
Fuck that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 24, 2017 at 6:57 PM
Pics pls
KoiKamsahamnida
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2017 at 7:12 PM

Wow. I'd be really upset. That isn't cool at all :( I remember when I was on OKCupid, some guy was talking about how I sounded really sweet and cool and wanted to meet but said "I have to ask though... why does your eye and smile look so weird. Like, why don't you ever smile? I couldn't be around someone that never smiles. Smile! Take a picture for me smiling!" I told him that I actually had bells palsy and that my mouth and eye have paralysis. He goes "Oh... so you always look like that?" I said "Yes... I can smile bigger but I don't tend to. My paralysis may get better over time though." He goes "Oh. I cant deal with that. Sorry. Nevermind, I don't want to meet." Im like... what the fuck? He spent days talking to me... discussing how he loved how I thought. Admired me as a single parent and how I took care of my disabled Mom. All sorts of stuff. But then finally says shit about the way I smile?

Yeah. I hate it! I am pretty much over my body issues but I still don't take many pictures of myself. But sometimes I do laugh. The first time I had bells palsy (Ive had 2 episodes) Lily was like, 3 or 4. We went and took her to get her picture taken and it was cracking us up that she would smile all big and goofy but as soon as the photographer was ready... straight line. No smile. lol. It was honestly making us laugh. So the photographer said "Smile big like Mommy!" And she gets all serious and says "Oh no no no no...I cant do that. You want me to smile like this *big smile* My Mommy smiles like this *takes her fingers and pulls down her eye and side of her mouth* You dont want me to smile like that, now do you?" We were all wide mouthed like "Woah... did she really do that?" Then she sits up straight and does the biggest, most awesome smile ever. We all started cracking up as the photographer took the picture. He was all "Im so so so sorry, I didnt know she would say that!" I was crying I was laughing so hard and I said "Dont be sorry, that was hilarious! I know she doesnt truly mean any harm by it, so its okay!" So stuff like that... makes me laugh. But when other people say things I do tend to get angry.

We were taking pictures once, a selfie of ourselves at Disneyland. I couldn't believe it... but I am smiling big which can make the left side of my mouth go back a bit. This lady goes by and says "Smile Mommy! Actually smile! You are at Disney! Smile with your daughter, she isn't going to have any fun, you are taking a picture with her but looking at you is really boring because you arent even smiling!" Everyone around us just stops and their jaw drops open. Im all "I will stay civil since this IS Disneyland. This? **point to mouth** Is called Bells Palsy. Facial paralysis. I do what I can. I smile as big and as nicely as I can. Maybe next time you can be as nice as you can, especially to a stranger when you don't know what disability they may have. Have a nice day!" She just kind of stood there staring at me and her kid was all "Mom, that wasn't nice at all." Ugh. That situation sucked. Although Lily's first day of kindergarten, I was wearing an eye patch. This little girl walked up to her and said "OH MY GOSH! Your Mom is a PIRATE?!?! I want to be your friend!" They ended up best friends lol ;) So I try to take in the good and fuck the bad. Your husband said something shitty but take in all the good. I don't even need to look at your picture to know you are beautiful. He married you so obviously he thinks you are beautiful too. Just tell him youll get the nose job when he gets the stick removed from his ass during surgery first!

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 24, 2017 at 7:18 PM

Tell him that you will get a nose job when he gets his tiny penis enlarged.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 24, 2017 at 7:24 PM

I L-O-V-E your nose!

Quoting mayasmama11:

If it makes you feel any better, I've been compared to a toucan and sqidward from spongebob.... Your dh is an ass.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 24, 2017 at 7:26 PM

was he shocked when you served him with divorce papers?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I ended up getting the nose job and left him😊

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN