Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband asked me to get a nose job :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm in complete and utter shock right now. My husband came home from work earlier and sat me down and handed me some pamphlets. They were for a plastic surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty. I looked at him and asked what this was all about and he looks at me and says " I think it will improve your self-esteem." We've been married for almost seven years and my nose has never been an issue. I mean I know I'm not a supermodel but I thought my husband loved me and my honker :(

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM

No I mean I snore sometimes but it's not something that affects my life. 

Quoting TheMrs407:

That's a strange thing to mention. Have you been having self esteem problems or mentioned your nose before?

WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
sounds like her husband is conceited and a jerkface concerned too much with what people think

Quoting MPH_2010:

If youve never said anything about your nose in a negative way , this makes no sense. Sorry. I didn't think men even thought about things like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseOfLove

Well have you ever mentioned that you are unhappy with your nose?

If you have, than it doesn't mean that he doesn't love you. Maybe he just wanted you to feel better about yourself. Damn.

livelaughlov26
What a jerk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kellymarie323
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM
That is so rude
mich.el.le

Are you self conscious about your nose? Do you talk about wishing it was different or was this out of left field?

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

surfgrl60

So maybe he is starting to look at other girls and sees yours as an issue. That is rude though. I would send emails to him about small penises. I would be so rude to him. That is just plain weird though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I bought him a year subscription to Maxim thinking he'd love it and see me as a cool wife but it probably backfired.

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

sounds like her husband is conceited and a jerkface concerned too much with what people think

Quoting MPH_2010:

If youve never said anything about your nose in a negative way , this makes no sense. Sorry. I didn't think men even thought about things like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM

What an ass! 

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Is the snoring due to your nose, a deviated septum or something?

Quoting Anonymous:

No I mean I snore sometimes but it's not something that affects my life. 

Quoting TheMrs407:

That's a strange thing to mention. Have you been having self esteem problems or mentioned your nose before?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)