Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband asked me to get a nose job :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm in complete and utter shock right now. My husband came home from work earlier and sat me down and handed me some pamphlets. They were for a plastic surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty. I looked at him and asked what this was all about and he looks at me and says " I think it will improve your self-esteem." We've been married for almost seven years and my nose has never been an issue. I mean I know I'm not a supermodel but I thought my husband loved me and my honker :(

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
nelliesmommy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:56 PM

That's sad. That would really hurt my feelings.

worwalkerlds
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Pictures?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Wow. What a dick.
LoveVenus
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Have you ever mentioned self esteem issues in the past?Or has he complained about your nose?Wtf that a real ass-crack move of him.SMH!Maybe he has issues of his own.

WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM
its probably more for her money.

Quoting Anonymous:

Whatever happened to unconditional love? Barbara Streisand's husband loves her for her nose.

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

I guess, them and their perfect fucking photoshopped noses

Quoting Anonymous:

I bought him a year subscription to Maxim thinking he'd love it and see me as a cool wife but it probably backfired.

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

sounds like her husband is conceited and a jerkface concerned too much with what people think

Quoting MPH_2010:

If youve never said anything about your nose in a negative way , this makes no sense. Sorry. I didn't think men even thought about things like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

tell him to fuck off!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I feel like the ugliest person right now. I don't think that I could handle the criticism tonight.

Quoting worwalkerlds:

Pictures?

MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

well thats not nice! My husband knows all the areas I hate in my body an Ive mentioned many times wanting surgry for certian things an he says he would never want me to get surgry. I would find one of his flaws an get him some papers!! 

No really though I would ask him wtf his problem was , maybe he wasnt doing it to be a jerk but trying to make you feel better?

Brandyns87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Men are clueless sometimes. 4 weeks after I had a c-section, and my stomach was still swollen, my ex told me I needed to work on my abs. I think you should get some penile implant pamphlets like the pp suggested. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I asked him if he was ashamed to be seen with me and he said no of course not but since we're getting older we need to keep up with ourselves. Well I never asked him to get hair plugs :(

Quoting Anonymous:

What did you say to him?

That was incredibly rude and insensitive of him. I'm sorry he was such an ass

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN