Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Post a pic of your WALMART RING BLING!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My boyfriend would like to propose and he is on a budget. Is it tacky to get a Wal-Mart ring set as ny forever ring? I don't want a Cz. Can you please post pics of your nice Wal-Mart rings? Tia
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Replies (111-120):
abernathyvanna
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

To some.. it isn't about what the ring looks like, where it came from or how much was paid for it. It's about the person that is giving them the ring.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's just as easy to go to a few small jewelers and shop around for a while.

To me getting a ring at Walmart is just pure LAZINESS!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
thank you

Quoting abernathyvanna:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=14035342&findingMethod=rr

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=14035342&findingMethod=rr 

can someone make it clicky please

embersparkle
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Here is mine. My engagement ring is not from wal-mart, it belonged to my husbands aunt. It was her engagement ring her husband got her in 1967. She gave it to my husband to propose to me with. My wedding band is from Walmart and I love it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM
And let's be honest, all that "good quality" stuff at the jewelry store probably has an insane mark up on it.

Not saying there's not a quality difference, but you're paying a good bit extra to say it came from a jewelry store.

Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize that they have rings at Walmart for over $1,000 right? And they are almost identical to rings at other jewelry stores. I never understood why anyone "needs" an expensive ring to get engaged. The price of the ring isnt equal to how much your s/o loves you. And I've seen plenty of super expensive rings be sold because the marriage ended in divorce.

Also you could live in a tiny town like I do and there is only one jewelry store other than Walmart. So the whole "shopping around" thing isn't plausible for everyone. Buying Walmart doesn't make you lazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

LoveVenus
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Yeah i had to log on walmarts site to check lol.Came across a nice ring that you can put names and birthstones of your kids or grandkids.Gonna purchase it for my mom with all my sister's and birthstone and names lol for her bday.

Quoting abernathyvanna:

They sell up to 1 ct diamonds as far as I have seen.

Quoting LoveVenus:

Wow i didn't even know Walmart sold dimonds.Cubic zirconia maybe but dimonds lol

Quoting JDmommyJD:

A diamond is a diamond, regardless of where it is purchased from.

Mine is not from Walmart, but here is a bump for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM
You totally missed the small town part of what I said, right? -_- Not EVERYONE has the option of shopping around.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's fine and dandy, but a man can take 2-3 hours of his life to shop around at different stores other then WALMART.  They don't need to spend ALOT of money.  Trust the selection at WALMART isn't going to be all GRAND, and he's going to just pick out a ring...perhaps the most hideous thing there!

Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize that they have rings at Walmart for over $1,000 right? And they are almost identical to rings at other jewelry stores. I never understood why anyone "needs" an expensive ring to get engaged. The price of the ring isnt equal to how much your s/o loves you. And I've seen plenty of super expensive rings be sold because the marriage ended in divorce.

Also you could live in a tiny town like I do and there is only one jewelry store other than Walmart. So the whole "shopping around" thing isn't plausible for everyone. Buying Walmart doesn't make you lazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM
3 moms liked this
No offense to any of the previous posters, but I've never seen a quality ring from Walmart. I especially dislike the "center stone" made up of smaller diamonds. It just looks cheesy.
abernathyvanna
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM

awe! That is sweet! :) 

Quoting LoveVenus:

Yeah i had to log on walmarts site to check lol.Came across a nice ring that you can put names and birthstones of your kids or grandkids.Gonna purchase it for my mom with all my sister's and birthstone and names lol for her bday.

Quoting abernathyvanna:

They sell up to 1 ct diamonds as far as I have seen.

Quoting LoveVenus:

Wow i didn't even know Walmart sold dimonds.Cubic zirconia maybe but dimonds lol

Quoting JDmommyJD:

A diamond is a diamond, regardless of where it is purchased from.

Mine is not from Walmart, but here is a bump for you.

abernathyvanna
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Mine is 5/8 carat and it has a solid center stone.. I posted an online pic of it.. if you scroll through the pages. They have all different types of stones. 

Quoting SommelierMom:

No offense to any of the previous posters, but I've never seen a quality ring from Walmart. I especially dislike the "center stone" made up of smaller diamonds. It just looks cheesy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:17 PM
you may have paid alot for it, but it isn't the same quality as a ring from a real jeweler. same as all the rest of walmart crap. seriously not trying to be rude, but it is the truth. look into it

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Mine is far from cheap!!

Quoting Anonymous:

seriously, you should look into buying a used ring from a real jeweler before buying a set from wally world. all jewelry stores have a used section even zales ect..you can find them on zales websites. great rings, look brand new and not a cheapo from walmart

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)