Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Borax and vinegar in the wash?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I just saw a post saying this? Tell me about it. My front loader doesn't stink, but I have noticed it doesn't smell as fresh lately. I use the tide cleaner 2x a month. Would borax or vinegar work better? Is it one or the other? Both? Do I run the cycle with clothes in the wash, or alone? Mix the borax with detergent? Vinegar where the fabric softner would go? My washer has 3 compartments....one for detergent, one for bleach and one for fabric softner. Lots of questions, I know. I have just never heard of this. Please enlighten me.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Anyone?

kaycersmom
by Katie on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM

no clue, have you checked pinterest. I've seen a million washer cleaning pins there lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Dunno why I never thought of that. 

Quoting kaycersmom:

no clue, have you checked pinterest. I've seen a million washer cleaning pins there lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I'm heading to the store a little later....anyone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM

No one?

Siare
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I always wash with Borax. It works wonders for removing stains. I haven't found anything better than it, ever! So as far as cleaner for your washer, I have no idea. But I can tell you it's amazing for clothes. And I've never noticed a smell in my washer!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I run a "load" with no clothes and plain bleach. Then I leave the door open for 1 day after and my washer never smells.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Do you put it right in the drum with the clothes, or one of the compartments? With detergent?

Quoting Siare:

I always wash with Borax. It works wonders for removing stains. I haven't found anything better than it, ever! So as far as cleaner for your washer, I have no idea. But I can tell you it's amazing for clothes. And I've never noticed a smell in my washer!

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I use all free and clear with baking soda and vinegar.

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Oh and I put it in as the water fills. Then I add our laundry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)