Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tell Me Your Story!!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM
  • 75 Replies
DD is one and DH does NOT want to try again until early 2014 :/ I wanted them closer but looks like they will be at least 3 years apart.

But i have serious baby fever so tell me how your kids age gaps worked for YOU :) Do YOU think that 3 years is too big of a gap? Too small? Or perfect?

Share your opinions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kennadismom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Dd is 4 and I'm 24 weeks pregnant. I wish they were closer in age but we wanted to wait until we were more financially stable.
tharealty2
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:06 AM
2 moms liked this

3 years is good.  My kids are 16, 15, 13, 9, 4 and 9 mos.  Its hard having more than 2 lil ones on hand, but the reality is, when you have nothing to compare it to (other people's experiences mean nothing, lol) its all you know and you make the best of it.  When I hear people with one or two kids talking about how hard it is I wanna laugh but the truth is - for them its as hard as its gonna be, till and unless they have more - do you know what I mean?  Whatever works for you - works.  :-) I would suggest you honor your dh's wishes - one thing you should both agree on - is whether to have more and when. 

Ashley_Carlson
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I may never have another.

redhead-bedhead
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM

My girls are 2.5 years apart. I love it. They are close enough in age that they play together but it's enough of a gap that I'm not so overwhelmed because my oldest can help out.

I was trying to have another with the same age gap but we have been TTC for over 2 years and my youngest will be 3 later this week.

Channell07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Mine are 16 months apart.. I love it.  Some people really love the bigger age gaps though.  The older child is more independent and helpful by then

cklamour
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
My two are 15 yrs and 7 days apart. I'm no help lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
3-3.5 years apart is perfect to me, but you make it work no matter what. So, it really doesn't matter.

My boys are 19,17,13, and 10. I am expecting #5.
Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Mind are almost exactly three years apart. I love the gap.
kristin_1984
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids are 9,6,4 and 1..i think it is perfect for me.  

SnortysMom
by CatMarie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Well, I'm still trying to have baby #2. DS is 6 now. I'm giving myself until I'm 40. I just turned 37. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)