Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Eta. I leave my five month ok dd with a 12 year old overnight

Posted by   + Show Post
Ask me anything

Since most of you are saying roughly the same thing, I'll explain further! The 12 year old is my sister! She begs me to let the girls come stay with her! The whole time she has the baby my mother is there and goes to check on them. I am not doing it to go out or anything, I have another child too! My mother is there to step in if she gets overwhelmed but she hasn't yet! She does great with putting the baby to bed, getting up to feed/ change her! And is an awesome aunt! Plus it gives me a little extra time to focus on my oldest daughter for a little while! Just us!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
GatorsWife4Life
by Christina on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW!! Sadly I always thought you were partly saine till I read this. Seriously? I won't even leave my 11 year old with my 7 year old for five minutes to run to the store and it's like two blocks away! I just don't trust that she can do something if something serious happens. I am sorry but lady you are fucking insane!!!!!

cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM

That's pretty irresponsible of you. 

HouseOfLove
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I assume you have a 3rd grade education or a learning disability since you clearly can't spell or use proper grammar

Quoting kmorales7690:

Too see how manny people make assumptions.

Quoting MPH_2010:

Why do people make posts about themselves with titles that to me seems like they want a good bashing??

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I wouldn't do it but okay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM

If baby sleeps through the night (or close too it), 12 year old has an adult close to contact if they need help, and its for a good reason, like work, then do what you have too. But if you do it so you can go out, is there really no one 16 and older that can at least be asleep on the couch to help? 12 year old aren't really equipped to deal with a baby all night just for your pleasure

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I personally wouldn't but its not my baby. So much could happen that a 12 yr old would be incapable of handling. What if something horrible happened how would a 12 yr old live with that?

MPH_2010
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM

An assumption is like a guess. People can't guess you leave you 5month old alone with a 12 yr. old you just told them you did.

Quoting kmorales7690:

Too see how manny people make assumptions.

Quoting MPH_2010:

Why do people make posts about themselves with titles that to me seems like they want a good bashing??

MochaBerry24
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM

omg. wow.....jus wow. 

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Having a nigh to rest, it's not often!

Quoting HouseOfLove:

I would never do that.

What are you and your husband doing that is so damn important that you think its ok to leave a child alone with another child overnight?

newyorkmom92
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Locked up they wonte let you out

Quoting kmorales7690:

Ask me anything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)