Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those that donated to Angel Tree. You got scammed lol

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 172 Replies

This is what what written by a woman whose husband is incarcerated:

Merry christmas to everybody. Has anybody ever heard of a program called Angel Tree. It is a great program for the kids of parents incarcerated. The parent who is locked up has to sign up with the prison priest for the program but the children will receive several presents from the parent who is locked up. It is a great program. My husband has done it for 2 yrs now and it makes my daughter so happy to receive presents from her daddy even though he is locked up.

So not all the gifts go to 'needy' kids, but to kids whose parents are in the slammer. Does this change your mind about donating, knowing you are giving gifts to rapists and murderers to give to their kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM
49 moms liked this
Goodness! I would think that the kids with a parent incarcerated are even more needy. Poor kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM
13 moms liked this
I give to mothers on cm. if I get scammed out of a few hundred dollars, no biggie. My heart was in the right place. Once the gifts have been sent, I hope the kids are happy with them, and I don't think about it anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Real proof? I personally know that the angel tree goes to needy kids. Whose to say those kids aren't needy anyway?
Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
7 moms liked this

I don't think the kids should be punished and w/o Christmas because of the action of their parents. So, no I don't feel scammed.

Shani527
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Goodness....its not the crimes of the child! itchanges nothing for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM
7 moms liked this

No, it does not change how I feel nor do I feel scammed if anything I donate goes to a child who has a parent in prison. Your post is ridiculous...lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM

They are going to the kids. Big whoop. Sad you find that funny. Those kids aren't the criminals. BTW, most in prison are in for lesser crimes than what you state.

pce68
by Patti on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

That's nothing new. I've always known that's what Angel Tree was for. It's not a secret.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Ok well perhaps they ARE needy. BUT you don't feel the slight bit put off that you are buying gifts for murders and rapists to send out?

kellymarie323
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM
How is that a scam? Presents going to needy children. It's not the child's fault their parent went to jail.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)