Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you were raped and got pregnant, would your husband accept the child?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I asked my husband this and he looked at me like I had 2 heads. He assumed I would use the morning after pill, and if that didn't work, get an abortion. So I do not think he would be too pleased if I kept the child.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Replies (141-150):
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM
No. Neither him or I would even accept the pregnancy, I would be having an abortion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM
If I were to get pregnant from DH I wouldn't keep the baby, why would I keep it from a rapist!?
Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Mine said he would.
ginger813
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

wow, I just asked my dh, and this created quite a discussion of what if's. He said he is really unsure about it... he wouldn't know unless that happened. Neither of us believe in abortion, so that would be out of the question. I know I'd never be able to carry a baby to full term and then give it away, because regardless of the father, it would still be part of me. 

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I wouldn't accept the pregnancy, so it really wouldn't matter his feelings. I'd be aborting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 45 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:32 PM

My DH would never be ever to care for/ look into the eyes of the man that harmed me. Everyday. For the rest of our lives. Sorry. Adoption.

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:32 PM
He 100% would.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM
We have talked about this, and we both feel there would be too much resentment. There's no way we could accept it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM
As long as the child was white like us, we would 100% accept the child. If the Child was not white, we would go through the pregnancy and give the baby up for adoption, and DH would support me by my side the whole way.
ivy801
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Can't say until happens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)