Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Husband just declared last night, that this was the last Christmas we'll be celebrating ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 252 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yeah, you read that right. He says that he's only following biblical celebrations from now on, so he's sworn off Christmas. WTF is his damn problem? This religion thing has got this fool brainwashed. I'm not snatching Christmas from my kids. Just because his childhood sucked ass doesn't mean my kids should. He is a real lunatic. I'm really starting to believe his is damn crazy and has lost all of the few marbles he had. He's is a non-denominational Christian who over the years has become way over the top. I can't deal with it anymore. What the heck? This is not the man I married. I'm so livid right now it's not even funny.

ETA: He is not a Jehovah's Witness people. He is an evangelical Christian. He despises JWs and says they've twisted God's word.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM
4 moms liked this

time to make the big break momma.

momma2mms
by Kristin on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell him no! Maybe you should start getting your ducks in a row.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM

would you divorce over this? There are so many other things but my god, this man has lost his damn mind.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

time to make the big break momma.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I can't even believe after 37 years, all of a sudden he says no more Christmas. He's not a Jehovah's witness. This is ridiculous. I think you're right.

Quoting momma2mms:

Tell him no! Maybe you should start getting your ducks in a row.

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Go talk to his pastor asap!!!

KristyKat
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I'm sorry :(  I wouldn't stand for that personally.  Smile and nod.  Can you have a discussion with him without him getting defensive?

ABeautifulQadar
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM
3 moms liked this
Wow. My husband is Muslim and since my son right now is catholic because I was at the time of his birth we still do Christmas for him and will when our baby who will be Muslim comes and we don't even believe jesus was the son of God! For us its about Santa and presents so if my husbands can do it for the sake of Santa then your hubby can too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I would have said it's cute you think you get to veto Christmas.  I'd start planning for life without him if he can't get his head out of backside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM

he just told me last night, so I'll be honest and so that no, I can't talk to him at this present time without telling him what a lunatic he is and that he's lost his mind

Quoting KristyKat:

I'm sorry :(  I wouldn't stand for that personally.  Smile and nod.  Can you have a discussion with him without him getting defensive?

redhead-bedhead
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM
7 moms liked this
My husband has said the same for the past 3 years and I just continue with our traditions.
He doesn't have to be a part of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)