Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there a style that you would not allow your children to wear even if they really liked it?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am not talking about something that is sexual in nature, but just general styles.

Another post made me go looking for an old pic of one of my kids and it made me think of this.  My family is not "country" at all.  We would never dress on a country/western style. We don't listen to country music. I listen to rap. The dirtier and more profane the better. My ex listened to heavy metal. We are like the opposite of country.  But, somewhere along the way, we all began to like Garth Brooks. This lead to my youngest being a huge Garth Brooks fan.

One Christmas, all he wanted was to be Garth Brooks. So, even though it is totally a style we are not comfortable with and would probably laugh at if one of us (the parents) attempted to wear clothes like this, we bought them for our son. We seriously made him the happiest little Garth Brooks wannabe that ever lived.  It was great. I was glad we stepped out of our comfort zone and went into a country type clothing store and made his dreams come true.  We made sure to get him every component.

If you are not country, would you let your kid dress like this if he/she really liked it?

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Replies (371-374):
MonkeyMommyNJ
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:08 AM

i would let my son wear what ever he is partial to.. although i will not tolerate mop head.. if he wants to grow his hair long fine.. keep it clean cut fine.. but that justin beiber cant see your eyes mop top hair.. not allowed

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:09 AM
As long as he his clean and clothed he can wear whatever
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 45 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Sure, I mean as long as they don't look like a slut I could care less and yes this includes my son wearing girl clothes or vise versa.
vixen42
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM

my boys better never show up with their pants hanging around their rear,or in torn raggedy clothes looking like a homeless person.by the way that kid is so cute

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)