Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obamacare?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 93 Replies
1 mom liked this
Is this supposed to go into effect this coming year?

I was wondering bc my mom has had insurance through her retirement for years. It was $19 a month. Starting this next year, it changed to $223 a month. We were wondering if this was because of it.

I know they said insurance available for everyone. I guess they never said it would be affordable.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes the prices of all other insurances are going up because of Obamacare.

singlemom1208
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM
This

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Yes the prices of all other insurances are going up because of Obamacare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM
To be honest, I have no idea what obamacare is or how it's supposed to help me or anything about it. I don't watch the news or keep up with anything political. I know, not very smart of me. So, can someone tell me what it is?
Shani527
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM
yea, not surehowanyone os suppose to afford it :/
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I really dislike Obama right now and I voted for him twice :-(
Sorry for your mom that really sucks. It's so sad to see how this is affecting so many people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:58 AM
12 moms liked this
It doesn't go into full effect until 2014. Lots of people are claiming the rise in premiums are due to Obamacare however it's been one of the fastest inflating industries for years. Realistically insurance companies are using Obamacare as an excuse to do what they've been doing for a long time and people believe it.
GagaNTattooS
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup the prices will go up this year cause next year they have to e lower do they are Jacking us. Obama sucks I hate all of this bs hr is bringing
SimplyErathy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Obama is trying to create a new world order. On a commercial in mexico he not only gave a run down of how to get food stamps once your here but had "Obama" money on the commercial (bills with his face on it). He plans to get rid of guns 100% starting with a ban, then a forced registry and then confiscation. Crime rate will go up, martial law will be put into place and everyone put in FEMA camps, those who resist will be shot or held. Go to info wars.com. many have predicted a economic collapse in 2013.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this

...aannnddd we are done here - this.  

Also, could you explain what you mean by "retirement".  Was she with a union, is it medicare, there isn't enough info to really know what is going on. There could be a million different things.  

Quoting Anonymous:

It doesn't go into full effect until 2014. Lots of people are claiming the rise in premiums are due to Obamacare however it's been one of the fastest inflating industries for years. Realistically insurance companies are using Obamacare as an excuse to do what they've been doing for a long time and people believe it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I would love to see this commerical! 

Quoting SimplyErathy:

Obama is trying to create a new world order. On a commercial in mexico he not only gave a run down of how to get food stamps once your here but had "Obama" money on the commercial (bills with his face on it). He plans to get rid of guns 100% starting with a ban, then a forced registry and then confiscation. Crime rate will go up, martial law will be put into place and everyone put in FEMA camps, those who resist will be shot or held. Go to info wars.com. many have predicted a economic collapse in 2013.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured