Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the only one that didin't receive ANYTHING for christmas from inlaws/family?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM
  • 93 Replies

I just read this other post and a mom was saying that her inlaws always but cheesy gifts for them, that made me think, damn am i the only one that didin't get anything from the inlaws or family? my husband dosen't speak to his family so it's expected and my side of the family hate each other. I feel bad for my kiddos though they don't have any family so to speak but my hunny and me

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM

anything at all? awww... I'm sorry :(

lazydayz
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I didnt either.  Dont feel bad.

crescentstar2
by Anne on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM
We get $200 every year to buy individual gifts irritating a family one.

Sorry you didn't get anything
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sammiedevin
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM
I don't expect to get anything from them.
Mommy2b2324
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I never get gifts from anyone, husband included. the only people who have ever bought gifts for my kids is one of my aunts. my parents would but they are struggling financially.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I didn't either.
beerebelly
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM

We don't really exchange with the adults. My dad did send us $100 like he does every year, and that was nice to get.

mr.scariesmommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM
We don't get anything from family either. My kids got a $20 gift card to Walmart from dh dad and my dad hasn't sent their gift yet but we don't get anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM

MY mil always buys for us an so does my mom....  My husbnad claims Im getting a late gift because they what he wanted to get me was out of stock. He has also been off work for the last week an been a hermit in the house . SO we will see when he goes back to work if he comes home with a surprise... if not Il ne some what up set since I wasnt actually expecting any thing an no he has my hopes set high. so we will seee....

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM
I received a really cute 'Family' candle holder/picture frame from STBMIL. &a $50 gift card from my dad. I don't ever expect anything.. and normally don't receive anything, this year was the first in 7 yrs I've got anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN