Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yelled at and humiliated in front of the in-laws ***edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 172 Replies

Just because I dared to pause the football game right before it started. We are currently staying with his family for the holidays...my husband stayed up all night talking with his dad and a buddy. He didn't get up until 12:30 today...meanwhile me and my older son were refereeing our 4 year old and his cousin all morning long (also 4 years old). The cousin is big for his age and aggressive, so it's been a challenge to say the least! Well, a minute before the game starts, the boys locked themselves in the bathroom. I asked my husband to get them out, since I've already had to break them up enough times this morning (my SIL, cousin's mom, is MIA). He didn't want to, saying his game was coming on. So I paused the tv, and said get them out, the game hasn't started anyway (and it hasn't, they hadn't even started playing the opening music! They hadn't even shown the field!). Well, he started yelling at me with his dad right there, saying I knew how much football means to him, and how he hates getting interrupted during a game. He was full-on screaming at me. I said being a parent and family should always come before football, and he didn't have to treat me like that, the game hadn't even started yet!  I feel so humiliated. I hate that I'm even here, I hate coming here and he knows it, it's not enough that I follow him all around the world because he's in the military, but I come anyway, or he makes me feel really guilty. I hate that when it's football season or he's playing a video game, I am only second place...the kids are 3rd and 4th. And he wonders why I hate football..!

**edit- there seems to be an issue regarding me even touching the remote? I get free rein over the tv's here at the in-laws house, just like everybody else. (Well, I guess except pausing a football game that hasn't started yet lol) I also do my share of cooking and cleaning and dishwashing. It may not be my house, but my in-laws have always insisted for me to help myself to whatever, and feel free to do whatever. FIL didn't really care about the game, he has a different team than DH...he was only watching because DH wanted him to.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Bump

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM
4 moms liked this

What an ass. Tell him to grow up.

FL2AK
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM
You both could have handled that better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have walked out with the boys and left him there.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM
28 moms liked this

Get the kids in the car and go home.  Tell him football can give him a ride.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have flipped the fuck out!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I would have thrown the remote at his head..... Sorry momma!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

you shouldn't be embarrassed.  he made an ass of himself and he should be ashamed that he blatantly put a damn game before his children.  and his dad should have smacked him in the head for it.

chefmartha
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I know how you are feeling. And it is something different each sporting season. Jeepers he's not missing anything. You paused the show. Just means he doesn't have to watch the stupid commercials once it comes back on. Plus where is your bil? He should be helping with his child since sil is mia.

kitchen.ninja
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Me too

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have walked out with the boys and left him there.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)