Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yelled at and humiliated in front of the in-laws ***edit

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just because I dared to pause the football game right before it started. We are currently staying with his family for the holidays...my husband stayed up all night talking with his dad and a buddy. He didn't get up until 12:30 today...meanwhile me and my older son were refereeing our 4 year old and his cousin all morning long (also 4 years old). The cousin is big for his age and aggressive, so it's been a challenge to say the least! Well, a minute before the game starts, the boys locked themselves in the bathroom. I asked my husband to get them out, since I've already had to break them up enough times this morning (my SIL, cousin's mom, is MIA). He didn't want to, saying his game was coming on. So I paused the tv, and said get them out, the game hasn't started anyway (and it hasn't, they hadn't even started playing the opening music! They hadn't even shown the field!). Well, he started yelling at me with his dad right there, saying I knew how much football means to him, and how he hates getting interrupted during a game. He was full-on screaming at me. I said being a parent and family should always come before football, and he didn't have to treat me like that, the game hadn't even started yet!  I feel so humiliated. I hate that I'm even here, I hate coming here and he knows it, it's not enough that I follow him all around the world because he's in the military, but I come anyway, or he makes me feel really guilty. I hate that when it's football season or he's playing a video game, I am only second place...the kids are 3rd and 4th. And he wonders why I hate football..!

**edit- there seems to be an issue regarding me even touching the remote? I get free rein over the tv's here at the in-laws house, just like everybody else. (Well, I guess except pausing a football game that hasn't started yet lol) I also do my share of cooking and cleaning and dishwashing. It may not be my house, but my in-laws have always insisted for me to help myself to whatever, and feel free to do whatever. FIL didn't really care about the game, he has a different team than DH...he was only watching because DH wanted him to.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Replies (171-172):
purplerobin
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Quoting sweetieiv:

Everything you highlighted is my opinion. Its very different from yours because we think differently. If you dislike me for that then that's ok. My opinion is still the same. I still think both the husband and the wife were wrong. One was wrong for being a lazy ass and yelling at the wife who let him sleep in and made the effort to go to his family's house. The other one was wrong for making a scene by pausing a TV that wasn't even at her home and yes I think its rude she paused the TV and embarrassed her husband by doing so.

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting sweetieiv:

So I'm a jerk because I have a different opinion than you? Umm ok well yeah I guess I'm a jerk. What's your point?

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting sweetieiv:

Talks shit about someone who used all caps for 3 words, goes and does the same in next reply. Can't make this shit up lol. Thanks for the laughs idiot.

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting sweetieiv:

You're right she didn't say separate, she said break them up. But why do you care so much? I am just expressing my opinion and some idiot on cafemom calling me a dingbat will not make me change my mind. Have a lovely day and fuck off k.

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting sweetieiv:

Outrage??? Lmao grow up. If you believe people get outraged over someone else's problem then you're an idiot. But she also chased her own kid. She said she had to separate them she didn't say the other one ambushed her poor little innocent kid now did she?

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting sweetieiv:

Well I was talking to the op so idk why you would ask if I'm kidding you? Oh wait you must be one of those nosy bitches lol. But to clarify no I'm not a door mat wife. I just know not to fucking be rude and touch the remote to pause something when its NOT MY HOUSE. Especially when the owner of the house is also watching even if its a damn commercial its just rude. Would you like someone to come over your house and for them to pause your TV while you are watching? I did say the husband should have gotten his child anyways but she didn't have to make a scene like that. Its just obvious that he would react.

Quoting D.O.E.:

are you fucking kidding me? oh wait, you must be one of those door mat wives. smh.

Quoting sweetieiv:

Well I'm sorry to say this but you also humiliated him by pausing the game and telling him ti go get his son. Its not your house and not your TV so why the hell would you even touch the remote when his dad was there watching too? I do agree that he should have gotten his son out of the bathroom anyways but you could have asked differently. If he would have gotten up when you paused the TV then he would have looked like an idiot and you like a jerk. His family would have started talking about "I can't believe she treats him that way and blah blah blah..." my dh is a huge baseball fan and I know that I can not make him leave his seat for anything less than the house burning down. But if I were you I would leave because obviously he isn't there to spend time with you unfortunately.

Uhm, dingbat this is a PUBLIC FORUM. People read posts and respond. Get over it. It may not have been "HER FUCKING HOUSE" but that was not HER FUCKING BRAT she had to chase around all morning either while her dh slept half the day. Where's your outrage over THAT??

Dingbat if you don't want someone to think you're outraged then don't type all caps. Also you need to learn the fine art of something called reading.  She did NOT say she had to seperate them, she asked her husband to get them out of the bathroom. She stated in a reply to me that seperating them was not an option. And yeah when you say describe a kid as big for their age, aggressive....there is a damn good chance the brat WILL try and ambush the smaller one. It should NOT be her chasing around that brat anyway, that's his PARENTS JOB. So if she's stuck doing that and her lazy, jackass husband is sleeping half the day away, she's got a right to be irritated and want a little break.

I'm doing the same thing you are dingbat--expressing my opinion. Just because I replied to a post doesn't mean I "care so much." Don't ASSume, you're already a big enough ass already. I don't give a rats ass whether I change your opinion or not, but if you don't want to debate someone in an online forum-DON'T. REPLY.  Now take your jackass replies and SHOVE THEM UP YOUR ASS, mkay?

Yup I DID use ALL CAPS!!!! Doesn't make you any less of a jerk or dingbat!

Unless we just got off on the wrong foot (which can happen easily online), I called you a jerk for the reasons highlighted in red above, not just because you had a different opinion than I did. There IS such a thing, believe it or not, as a friendly debate. What of it? I dislike jerks. 

If you think the OP was in the wrong, how else was she supposed to get her husband's attention? I grew up in a household where every damn football game HAD to be on and it was nearly imppossible to get their attention with a game going.  It's not the difference of opinion that I had issue with it's the snark that went along with it. But I wasn't exactly sweet either, so I'm sorry.

3greatkids751
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Jesus... and I thought my dh was bad. Nope yours takes the cake mama. I'm sorry he's such a douche. If it were me I'd have cut the cord with some sissors! Then looked at him and said "who's watching football now bitch!" Lol.. of course dh probably would have filed for divorce lmao
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)